Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Purdue - Tuesday, 01.16.24 @ 7:00

Televised on  Peacocks Images – Browse 230,586 Stock Photos, Vectors, and ...

We can win this game.  We can win this game.  We can win this game.  We can win this game.  We can win this game.  We can win this game.

WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!

Hopefully we give the sheep bangers (15-2) (4-2) a very cold reception to SSAH.

Live Stats

Radio

This game is not a must win! It is however I feel extremely important. We need a signature win and this is a huge opportunity. It will go a long way to getting back in the fans good graces. It would keep us in the running for the big. Worst case scenario we come out like garbage and get smoked. Shoot 35 percent from free throws line and really give us anxiety. I can see it going either way. I can't see us winning comfortably so hopefully I am shocked!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I actually don't mind being the underdog this time. It felt like we had the weight of the world on our shoulders going into last year's matchup. 

Being stuck at a birthday party having only score updates on my phone as Purdue cut our big lead all the way down to one was probably my most anxious moment of the season. 

We can win this game if:

1) Score more points than them

2) Have our bigs stay out of foul trouble

3) Get Edey into foul trouble 

4) exploit our biggest mismatch, Mgbako 

5) Hit a decent percentage from 3

6) Keep turnovers under 8. 

7) Rebound on the defensive end

8) Score more bench points 

And I can put about 10 more things, we everyone gets the point

37 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just saying; of the eight items on your list? If we achieve the first we can fail on the other seven.

In Purdue's two losses:

Obviously both teams achieved #1.

Northwestern achieved #4,  #5, and #6.  They did not achieve #2, #3 (Edey ended with 4 fouls through OT but played 38 minutes),  7, or 8.

Nebraska acheived #2, #4 (probably...I think the biggest mismatch is Brice Williams and he only had 9 points but 11 reb and 9 assists), #5, #7 (kind of, 11 Purdue offensive rebounds, 25 defensive rebounds for Nebraska), and #8.  They did not acheive #3 or #8.

This game is not a must win! It is however I feel extremely important. We need a signature win and this is a huge opportunity. It will go a long way to getting back in the fans good graces. It would keep us in the running for the big. Worst case scenario we come out like garbage and get smoked. Shoot 35 percent from free throws line and really give us anxiety. I can see it going either way. I can't see us winning comfortably so hopefully I am shocked!

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

As far as getting resume wins its pretty darn important.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I actually don't mind being the underdog this time. It felt like we had the weight of the world on our shoulders going into last year's matchup. 

Being stuck at a birthday party having only score updates on my phone as Purdue cut our big lead all the way down to one was probably my most anxious moment of the season. 

— “Happy Birthday to …”

you: “Shut up kid”

I assume IU will make Edey guard ballscreen or handoff action almost every time down. In addition to the guards, I’d like to see Mgbako get some of them,  to force Edey to commit to contesting or giving up the 3 (and opening a lane to drive if he does).

Defensively, IU’s gotta disrupt with ball pressure. That’s the best way to stop Edey, IMO, is if he never touches it. I certainly understand the idea to let him get his — if he touches it, I wouldn’t bring a double every time. But don’t let him get it in the first place.

14 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I assume IU will make Edey guard ballscreen or handoff action almost every time down.

Surely, since that’s where he is pretty bad. And they’ll probably just switch and have Edey drop and dare us to shoot like last year. There’s no JHS to pull up and hit a bunch of easy midrange jumpers this year.  

For all the people down on X, he’s still the best option (assuming he’s “on”)  to exploit that situation. The people wanting him benched would be giving away our best mode of attack for Edey on defense. 

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Huge week ahead

This game can jumpstart our season if we get the W.

Get 2 W’s we completely change the narrative.

1-1 sets us up ok. 
0-2 and panic mode will be in full effect. Probably rightfully. 

Disagree.

1-1 this week would be far better than “okay,” it would be truly excellent.

12 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

In Purdue's two losses:

Obviously both teams achieved #1.

Northwestern achieved #4,  #5, and #6.  They did not achieve #2, #3 (Edey ended with 4 fouls through OT but played 38 minutes),  7, or 8.

Nebraska acheived #2, #4 (probably...I think the biggest mismatch is Brice Williams and he only had 9 points but 11 reb and 9 assists), #5, #7 (kind of, 11 Purdue offensive rebounds, 25 defensive rebounds for Nebraska), and #8.  They did not acheive #3 or #8.

I think we can achieve #4 but other than that, everything else seems to be pointing in Turdue’s favor.  Ware has to quit fading away, that always plays into the defenses hands, plus he won’t get Edey in foul trouble if he does that.

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

Surely, since that’s where he is pretty bad. And they’ll probably just switch and have Edey drop and dare us to shoot like last year. There’s no JHS to pull up and hit a bunch of easy midrange jumpers this year.  

For all the people down on X, he’s still the best option (assuming he’s “on”)  to exploit that situation. The people wanting him benched would be giving away our best mode of attack for Edey on defense. 

So give in to the one player that isn’t a true team player?  He pouted on the bench and had pour body language when he was in.  I am sure there are other options in how to beat Turdue beside playing a headcase!

25 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

So give in to the one player that isn’t a true team player?  He pouted on the bench and had pour body language when he was in.  I am sure there are other options in how to beat Turdue beside playing a headcase!

Friday was a long time ago. You’ve gotta let it go. He wasn’t good or focused on Friday but IU’s chances of winning are pretty strongly correlated with having a good performance from him.