Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

9 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Jon Sumrall.  Head coach at Troy for the past two seasons.  41 years old, 20-4 in the past two seasons.  Defensive minded coach.  Was co-defensive coordinator at Kentucky in 2021 before taking the head coaching job at Troy.  

His teams have been tough as hell recently. That conference is brutal. I like that name a lot, not knowing a thing about the guy himself. 

On 11/12/2023 at 11:35 AM, RaceToTheTop said:

Jon Sumrall.  Head coach at Troy for the past two seasons.  41 years old, 20-4 in the past two seasons.  Defensive minded coach.  Was co-defensive coordinator at Kentucky in 2021 before taking the head coaching job at Troy.  

Both coaches in the conference that are leading their divisions are more than likely moving on to a P5 program after this season. (CTA hasn't been let go and still has one more year under contract. Hopefully that changes and IUFB is in the market for a new HC for the 2024 season.)  One coach is 41 as you mentioned here and the other (Curt Cignetti) is 62 years old.  Of these two coaches, I would prefer the older for various reasons but the main being his overall resume of program building. A seasoned vet so to speak. Having said all this, I'd be floored if either one of these coaches answers the phone if Dolson were to call.  

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

Curt Cignetti is on Pat McAfee Show. He just basically upped his stock 10 fold. No way he'll end up at a place like IUFB.  But man, that's my guy.  

Why would he not end up at IU? Just curious. 

39 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Why would he not end up at IU? Just curious. 

Bigger offers from programs with a culture of winning. JMU has that culture. So I just don't think IUFB would be appealing to him. Just my opinion. But man, I'd feel really good about him leading the program if he were here. 

51 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Bigger offers from programs with a culture of winning. JMU has that culture. So I just don't think IUFB would be appealing to him. Just my opinion. But man, I'd feel really good about him leading the program if he were here. 

I guess I would think that bigger programs would shy away from a 62 year old. And he's been at JMU now for 5 years. But I don't know sh*t. Just seems like if bigger programs were sniffing around he'd be gone by now. 

22 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I guess I would think that bigger programs would shy away from a 62 year old. And he's been at JMU now for 5 years. But I don't know sh*t. Just seems like if bigger programs were sniffing around he'd be gone by now. 

He talks about his age in the interview. I agree regarding already being at bigger programs. But he was in the FCS for 3 years and now he's winning in the FBS. It might change some things for him. I think the bigger programs just completely shy away from FCS coaches in general. That's just a thought I'm just pulling out of my ars. I have no data or anything to back that claim up. I felt the interview was more a 'hey, look at my resume' to the bigger programs.

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

He talks about his age in the interview. I agree regarding already being at bigger programs. But he was in the FCS for 3 years and now he's winning in the FBS. It might change some things for him. I think the bigger programs just completely shy away from FCS coaches in general. That's just a thought I'm just pulling out of my ars. I have no data or anything to back that claim up. I felt the interview was more a 'hey, look at my resume' to the bigger programs.

I would hire at IU in heartbeat btw. I am resigned to the fact that we're not going to be looking for a new coach for at least another year. 

6 minutes ago, DarkKnight93 said:

First post on new account. Haven’t posted since CMW was hired. 

A name I’d be really interested in is Willie Simmons. Young coach from Florida A&M who has been successful there. 

Welcome back and welcome!

42 minutes ago, DarkKnight93 said:

First post on new account. Haven’t posted since CMW was hired. 

A name I’d be really interested in is Willie Simmons. Young coach from Florida A&M who has been successful there. 

Why haven't you posted since CMW was hired