Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

Gotta love the "I have some info that I can't share right now, but trust me, these other jerks don't know what they are talking about" posts. 

If you don't know, you don't know. If you can't reveal what you know, that is the same as not knowing, so don't bother teasing some "it will all be revealed" secret agent, cliff-hanger BS. Obviously that damages the "insider" personna but sheesh. Provide info, be quiet or just admit you are guessing like the rest of us.  (rant directed at the Tyme screenshot) 

If it were me, and I did not think the guys Uconn signed would negatively impact my playing time I would have to strongly consider going there or holding off on decision until i see what this new offense at IU looks like.  

5 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Gotta love the "I have some info that I can't share right now, but trust me, these other jerks don't know what they are talking about" posts. 

If you don't know, you don't know. If you can't reveal what you know, that is the same as not knowing, so don't bother teasing some "it will all be revealed" secret agent, cliff-hanger BS. Obviously that damages the "insider" personna but sheesh. Provide info, be quiet or just admit you are guessing like the rest of us.  (rant directed at the Tyme screenshot) 

But isn't that all "insider" info though? I haven't heard most saying what their exact connection is, who/where they are getting info from? And isn't that half the fun? I'm not necessarily saying this to you directly, but I don't see the difference.

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

But isn't that all "insider" info though? I haven't heard most saying what their exact connection is, who/where they are getting info from from? And isn't that half the fun? I'm not necessarily saying this to you directly, but I don't see the difference.

I'm not expecting full disclosure all the time. But I don't see the point in playing "I know something you don't know" with cryptic hints that can be walked back later. Up to them to share info or not, but telling me you have info you can't share is silly, imo. And even worse is pretending to know, when you don't. But of course you are right, the internet, is gonna internet. 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

If it were me, and I did not think the guys Uconn signed would negatively impact my playing time I would have to strongly consider going there or holding off on decision until i see what this new offense at IU looks like.  

He knows what the offense will look like. Whether it’s a game or practice it’s not going to change

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

But isn't that all "insider" info though? I haven't heard most saying what their exact connection is, who/where they are getting info from from? And isn't that half the fun? I'm not necessarily saying this to you directly, but I don't see the difference.

Tyme collects his paycheck btw

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

https://x.com/Tyme1299218/status/1844407171511091475

He doesn't seem so confident today.

Pretty ridiculous take on tyme's part.

That "reality" he's waiting for UCONN to come back down to has been winning like 5 national championships in the last 25 years.

12 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Pretty ridiculous take on tyme's part.

That "reality" he's waiting for UCONN to come back down to has been winning like 5 national championships in the last 25 years.

Yeah, when you do something for the 3rd time in basically 50 years, you DO walk on water.

5 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I felt like I gave a couple of different views, and updates last night. There is not much out there other than it's either UCONN or IU. The kid hasn't decided yet, he's on vacation with his family. UCONN offers great NIL money, best program in CBB right now. IU is offering more money, it's closer to home and changing offense to fit his style. I think both programs will make sure family has travel expenses. Everyone is guessing beyond that. 

Thank you always for your updates and being patient with the rest of us when we bug you.

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

He’s not going to know the offense that IU runs on October 23rd.