Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If he’s 3/4 as good as either one he will be successful on any team. Let’s hope his game translates the same way as those 2.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

It'd be great. I'm just wondering who he is closer too. Both great shooters but Sheppard was light-years ahead defensively and just better from a passing and court IQ standpoint.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It'd be great. I'm just wondering who he is closer too. Both great shooters but Sheppard was light-years ahead defensively and just better from a passing and court IQ standpoint.

Sheppard was better at the college level I think that anything Tyler Herro was.  Not a strike against Herro, just Sheppard was really good.  I don't know how that Kentucky team went 23-10 with the amount of shooting that they had.

Herro has been a very good pro, but I expect Sheppard to be such a well rounded player even at the NBA level that you are going to see huge things from him.

2 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It's not like it's Woodson's money. He's been pretty free with the Cooks' and Simons' cash. It's not far fetched... didn't Ballo get more than $1.5M?

What are you talking about…

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Regardless of who started, Sheppard played more than Wagner or Edwards.....Sheppard averaged 29 minutes/game.  Wagner was at 26 and Edwards 21.  I would say it's more about game management not getting Sheppard shots.  Kid is a pure shooter.

Sheppard, Dillingham, and Reeves all not playing 30+ mpg together is criminal. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Sheppard was better at the college level I think that anything Tyler Herro was.  Not a strike against Herro, just Sheppard was really good.  I don't know how that Kentucky team went 23-10 with the amount of shooting that they had.

Herro has been a very good pro, but I expect Sheppard to be such a well rounded player even at the NBA level that you are going to see huge things from him.

Once Sheppard adjust and sees the speed of the game, he's going to be Austin Reeves on steroids. He's a guy that can average 20 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals and a block while shooting 50/40/90.

2 hours ago, Scotty R said:

Take it for what it is worth. Talking to my brother and he was talking with his former son and law about Mullins. His son of law is friends with Mullins dad and said UCONN offered $750,000. So if we doubled their offer that would mean 1.5 mil. I have a hard time believing we would offer that much.

It's not like it's Woodson's money. He's been pretty free with the Cooks' and Simons' cash. It's not far fetched... didn't Ballo get more than $1.5M?

36 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

No

per the UCONN board, it looks like Jacob Furphy to UCONN is a done deal.  Might have some impact on BM choosing them, maybe not.  Lots of competition.  Not sure BM gets more than 20 mins per game with the log jam they have assuming Furphy commits.

Assuming Furphy picks UCONN, this would give them 6 top 50 kids, with two or three of them having shooting as their #1 strength.  They have 2 or 3 SFs as well.  

1 hour ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

per the UCONN board, it looks like Jacob Furphy to UCONN is a done deal.  Might have some impact on BM choosing them, maybe not.  Lots of competition.  Not sure BM gets more than 20 mins per game with the log jam they have assuming Furphy commits.

Assuming Furphy picks UCONN, this would give them 6 top 50 kids, with two or three of them having shooting as their #1 strength.  They have 2 or 3 SFs as well.  

Good info -- my only reservation -- I'm not sure we want to call him "BM".... 

(Just in case you had any doubts as to how mature I am)

11 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

He didn't get quite that much. But if Mullins was getting 750K from UCONN that would be barely in the starting 5 for us. So we can beat that easily. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

He didn't get quite that much. But if Mullins was getting 750K from UCONN that would be barely in the starting 5 for us. So we can beat that easily. 

At one point a few weeks back UConn had 800k on the table and IU had just under 1.5 mil on the table. 

Just now, ap2345 said:

At one point a few weeks back UConn had 800k on the table and IU had just under 1.5 mil on the table. 

That sounds more like it. I can believe that. Plus from what I've been told there is some other things that is being offered by IU alums to the parents to help in making the right decision. 

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I've heard rumblings of the same

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That sounds more like it. I can believe that. Plus from what I've been told there is some other things that is being offered by IU alums to the parents to help in making the right decision. 

oh?  Billboards near the I-69 exit with winds pointing towards Assembly Hall?  

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

oh?  Billboards near the I-69 exit with winds pointing towards Assembly Hall?  

Something a little different than that. I'm not going to share exactly what I've heard but it was the first time I heard of this but it probably happens at other programs to in today's NIL landscape. 

11 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Rumor was more like $1.2 or $1.25 from what some 'insiders' were posting....think it started at $1, Arkansas was trying to bring him in, IU sweetened the deal.

But today's $1.25 million is probably going to be next year's $1.75 to $2 million.  NIL increasing incredibly fast each year.

Pretty sure the Indiana University NIL program can afford this:

As of October 2024, Carl Cook, the CEO of Cook Group, has an estimated net worth of $10.7 billionThis makes him the wealthiest person in Indiana and the 89th richest person in the United States.

If the Cooks receive a 3% return on investment in their current net worth? That interest alone is worth $300 million annually. Moreover; Mr. and Mrs. Cook are not our only 'basketball friendly' donors (but they are the ones that still live in Bloomington).

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As of October 2024, Carl Cook, the CEO of Cook Group, has an estimated net worth of $10.7 billion. This makes him the wealthiest person in Indiana and the 89th richest person in the United States.

If the Cooks receive a 3% return on investment in their current net worth? That interest alone is worth $300 million annually. Moreover; Mr. and Mrs. Cook are not our only 'basketball friendly' donors (but they are the ones that still live in Bloomington).

is there a public record who say our top 5 doners are for sports related contributions?

52 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

As of October 2024, Carl Cook, the CEO of Cook Group, has an estimated net worth of $10.7 billion. This makes him the wealthiest person in Indiana and the 89th richest person in the United States.

Some of our friends live in the same neighborhood where his new house is being built/has been built…good lord is all I’m going to say