Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

25 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

He started this thread interestingly and with a bit of flair.  If we can hold off Colby College we could be in really good shape.

That picture of Mullins on his official visit that Barrell added to that post was a picture that did not make it onto the internet or social media until a day or two later.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That picture of Mullins on his official visit that Barrell added to that post was a picture that did not make it onto the internet or social media until a day or two later.

Yep,

That picture was one of the things that led me to believe Barrell really was related and/or connected. The Mullins family obviously wanted to keep things close to the vest so it didn’t surprise me, and many of us, that the family most likely told him to STFU.

When Barrell was “reporting” he stated that IU had it in the bag.  However…during Barrell’s reporting timeframe Hurley didn’t seem to be so ingrained/invested and I wouldn’t be shocked (based on nothing…LOL) if he goes to UCONN, or IU for that matter.

Hope we get him but who knows. 

I'm impressed with the recruiting efforts. Hunter jumped in and made us legitimate contenders for Reibe when we lost Moreno and now we are a serious player for Grady after losing Haralson. I'm not sure who the primary is on his recruitment but I suspect it's Walsh. I think what I would say to Mullins about UConn is, "You're not going to be playing on either of the national championship teams there you'll be playing on a team that just recruited over your position." Stay home and be a legend. I'd love to see us land the best shooting class in the country. 

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

this thread dead

I think because there really isn’t anything  left in this recruitment to discuss.  The only thing left is the kid is  going to pick between  IU or UConn.   Home state team vs the 2 time defending champs.   He has 2 great options to pick from 

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Braylen's dad is a policeman right, and just guessing here, but I would imagine in that field of work it is harder to get to games that are further away.  

I don't think he has any trouble getting off work to go see his kid play. I think either school Braylon picks his parents will be able to see every game. 

A Reibe, Mullins, Sisley PLUS one freshman class would be very nice building block.  The portal is always going to be there for Indiana with our NIL options but this class will likely need to be 6-7 overall, maybe 8.  I think Cupps, Tucker, probably Reneau, One of Carlyle/Rice returns, and then very, very unlikely with Mgbako.