Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

On 8/4/2024 at 12:55 PM, Stuhoo said:

Thank goodness super-high-end gets like Myles Rice, Kanaan Carlyle, Bryson Tucker, and Oumar Ballo don’t have the low self esteem about the state of the IU program that some fans seem to have.

Hopefully Braylon Mullins’ thoughts align more with Tucker, Rice, Carlyle, and Ballo.

To be fair, they were paid to like the state of the program.

2 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

They were getting paid no matter where they went, though. Didn't Ballo turn down a bigger offer? 

Possibly.  I'm sure there were likely other reasons for them to choose IU other than just money.

I'm just pointing out that it isn't really a good example to use for fan shaming.

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Possibly.  I'm sure there were likely other reasons for them to choose IU other than just money.

I'm just pointing out that it isn't really a good example to use for fan shaming.

I think the money is an overrated aspect of the decisions made in 95% of transfer cases. JMO

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

I'm not Barrel Rick but from what I have heard from people I know. Not the Mullins, but it will come down to IU and UK and we're going to win out being the home team. We have the NIL, plus Woody really wants him. UCONN is too far and Michigan doesn't have enough time to catch up with us.

Sounds about right

2 hours ago, SlammySammy said:

Barrel Rick is oddly silent.....hmmmm...

Pure speculation on my part but if Barrel really is a Mullins (I have no reason to doubt him. Simply don’t 100% know) it would not surprise me if the family asked Barrel to stfu until Braylon announces his decision.

My above statement will look way off if Barrel updates us today, which I hope he does,….LOL

58 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

Pure speculation on my part but if Barrel really is a Mullins (I have no reason to doubt him. Simply don’t 100% know) it would not surprise me if the family asked Barrel to stfu until Braylon announces his decision.

My above statement will look way off if Barrel updates us today, which I hope he does,….LOL

I don't believe for a second he is family with the Mullins.

2 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

I think the money is an overrated aspect of the decisions made in 95% of transfer cases. JMO

I think that is a major underestimation of the power of NIL in decisions.

It's not the only factor and for some it may not be the top factor, but it is a factor for most transfers at the P5 level.

7 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

you said people overrated the factor in 95% of the cases.

Not sure how to read that other than saying it's not much of a factor.  

It's just a given. They are getting paid. 

No one is getting paid to "like the state of a program"... more than likely the reverse. They like the state of the program, so they are willing to take the check from Indiana. 

Ballo can get 7 figures from .... anywhere. Arkansas was offering more. Myles Rice, Carlyle? Those dudes were getting paid no matter where they went. Naive/Woodson hating to think they came here for the money in the forefront of their mind, when again, they can get that basically any school they were looking at. 

2 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

It's just a given. They are getting paid. 

No one is getting paid to "like the state of a program"... more than likely the reverse. They like the state of the program, so they are willing to take the check from Indiana. 

Ballo can get 7 figures from .... anywhere. Arkansas was offering more. Myles Rice, Carlyle? Those dudes were getting paid no matter where they went. Naive/Woodson hating to think they came here for the money in the forefront of their mind, when again, they can get that basically any school they were looking at. 

Some schools would have offered the same amount...not all could have afforded the same amount either because their NIL isn't as good or they had already spent it elsewhere.

I'm sure he liked Indiana well enough but us fans like Indiana without getting paid.   My point (that's getting lost in the back and forth) is that it was a bad attempt at fan shaming.