Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PF Eric Reibe to UConn

The Woodson-Twitter-defender-army loathes Trilly.  

I think Trilly has extensions and they report to him.  Lots of people in the industry must know who he truly is.  Anyway, He is virtually always right.  The Boogie Fland commitment had him in knots and that is because the Indiana "insiders" who feed him info were wrong.  

Anyway, we just need to win more recruiting battles and then Trilly won't be a token of recruiting misses to the Indiana Fanbase.  

I think Trilly is a member of Russian Intelligence that is in charge of one small portion of the American population. There are bugs everywhere. 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

The Woodson-Twitter-defender-army loathes Trilly.  

I think Trilly has extensions and they report to him.  Lots of people in the industry must know who he truly is.  Anyway, He is virtually always right.  The Boogie Fland commitment had him in knots and that is because the Indiana "insiders" who feed him info were wrong.  

Anyway, we just need to win more recruiting battles and then Trilly won't be a token of recruiting misses to the Indiana Fanbase.  

Well, I’ll share my perspective on it.  I’m not on Twitter, and I’m not really a Woodson defender.  I wanted him gone last year for not only on-court performance but for things I heard happened off the court.  But I’m not going to bash him on message boards constantly because I don’t think that does any good.

Regarding the Trillys of the world—my son and several of his friends were recruited high school athletes over the past 2 years or so.  Now, I’m here and certainly a consumer of the rumors, but the notion that someone absolutely knows where a kid is going to college weeks and months before he announces is nonsense.  The kids themselves don’t even know.  Family members don’t know.  Sometimes they think they know, and then they get more information or more offers, or a lot of times they just simply change their mind for whatever reason. If it’s a couple days before a set announcement day and they’re letting their decision leak, then yeah, people probably know.

5 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Well, I’ll share my perspective on it.  I’m not on Twitter, and I’m not really a Woodson defender.  I wanted him gone last year for not only on-court performance but for things I heard happened off the court.  But I’m not going to bash him on message boards constantly because I don’t think that does any good.

Regarding the Trillys of the world—my son and several of his friends were recruited high school athletes over the past 2 years or so.  Now, I’m here and certainly a consumer of the rumors, but the notion that someone absolutely knows where a kid is going to college weeks and months before he announces is nonsense.  The kids themselves don’t even know.  Family members don’t know.  Sometimes they think they know, and then they get more information or more offers, or a lot of times they just simply change their mind for whatever reason. If it’s a couple days before a set announcement day and they’re letting their decision leak, then yeah, people probably know.

I think they get connections to agents, and guys like Tipton and other intermediaries and that is why they don’t know until a week or so early.  

2 hours ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

This is true.  I had a couple kids recruited at a lower level and their experience matches yours.  Other kids they played with went D1 and they too had the same experience.  You may really think option 1 is absolutely where you until you learn something you had not considered before.  We had one coach that encouraged my daughter to visit just "so she knew what she was saying no to".  She was torn between 2 schools, and I was wanting her to visit yet another school.  She had her rankings which would move around some, but late in the process there was a coaching change at a school we had eliminated before. Suddenly the new coach calls, we schedule a visit, and it became obvious they were the best fit. 

This process is like a timeline.  Along that timeline, the kid, his parents, even coaches may be convinced they are going to go to school x but so many things can impact that timeline.  Things you never thought of that you learn as you gather information can change things once considered a lock.

On 10/13/2024 at 11:52 PM, Stuhoo said:

No one that we’re prioritizing comes out and demands a promise of playing time from us.

Every player that we’re prioritizing very much wants to envision a path to early playing time, and we should be ready to show that path.

I'm not sure what the difference is. Playing time should be earned in practice. A player who is afraid to compete for minutes may not be a player I would want. I don't know anything about the conversations that go on between the staff and the players, so I just respond to speculation and inference. But, I will reiterate, if guarantees of playing time are involved, I'm not interested. That's just me.

3 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

i know, i know, portal. we'd be better off not even recruiting high schoolers. it's a really bad look for us.

I don’t know.  It’s the local guys that look bad imo.  Nobody faults UNC in this Mullins recruitment.  Misses happen. I think our staff needs to better identify reciprocating interest.  I like the portal a lot, so I’m not too worried but I hate striking out too. Haha

Just puts stress in the portal as it becomes our last resort. Fortunately we have a last resort. 

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t know.  It’s the local guys that look bad imo.  Nobody faults UNC in this Mullins recruitment.  Misses happen. I think our staff needs to better identify reciprocating interest.  I like the portal a lot, so I’m not too worried but I hate striking out too. Haha

Just puts stress in the portal as it becomes our last resort. Fortunately we have a last resort. 

We don't compare favorably to a lot of the schools we recruit against. It would help if we actually had some kind of system and recruited guys who were fits for it. 

Hurley:  Here's tape for our last 3 seasons of how we play and won back-to-back titles.

Woody:  Here's the tape for our last 3 seasons of how we play and won nothing.  But we're totally changing our entire game plan.

If you're Reibe or Mullins it's pretty hard to turn down a proven commodity.

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If you're Reibe or Mullins it's pretty hard to turn down a proven commodity.

In these recruiting instances right now 

UConn is the poster that provides multiple sources on a message board to back their stance 

IU is the trust me bro poster on a message board to back their stance 

32 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

In these recruiting instances right now 

UConn is the poster that provides multiple sources on a message board to back their stance 

IU is the trust me bro poster on a message board to back their stance 

We’ve got stuff to sell and pay.  Just need to identify the right guys.  

Woody had a decent thing going, then last season he killed his momentum with his loyalty and Misjudgement of our backcourt. Stalled his momentum and really put himself and the program down a few pegs.  

Woody just needs to win and IU needs to figure out their long game.