Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

2023 SF/PF Mackenzie Mgbako to INDI-F’N-ANA

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I asked myself what would it take to be top 25 preseason and to be hyped for next season. 

adding Mgbako and a SG does it.  I mean, my expectations are always high, so that’s a given but man.  

And for me, Mgbako/(Dingle/A good guard) beats Ledlum/Knecht from an excitement level.  I’m not sure it’s a better team but WayneFleek would be hyped. Lol. 

If it happens, we should thank Tennessee.

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I asked myself what would it take to be top 25 preseason and to be hyped for next season. 

adding Mgbako and a SG does it.  I mean, my expectations are always high, so that’s a given but man.  

And for me, Mgbako/(Dingle/A good guard) beats Ledlum/Knecht from an excitement level.  I’m not sure it’s a better team but WayneFleek would be hyped. Lol. 

Yeah, Mgbako would definitely be more exciting than Ledlum.  Let's see who we can get for guard, hypothetically Dingle? Definitely a better combination than Ledlum/Knecht.

Reason this would be momentous in so many ways is we add another 5 star for the third year in a row and our chances of being a contending team in the B1G increase drastically as well as being top 25 (relevancy). We have a chance to add two (maybe three) to the NBA draft. His addition would be HUGE.

33 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Mgbanko has kept his recruitment ver quiet.  Truly Donovan had stated that anything you hear released is likely to be a guess or made up.

With this recruitment, in Slater we trust.  Everyone else meh!

21 minutes ago, IUHoosier5 said:

Reason this would be momentous in so many ways is we add another 5 star for the third year in a row and our chances of being a contending team in the B1G increase drastically as well as being top 25 (relevancy). We have a chance to add two (maybe three) to the NBA draft. His addition would be HUGE.

Yep. You get 4 maybe 5 draft picks over the course of 2 years and all the sudden recruiting hurdles start looking a little smaller against schools like Kansas, Duke, and Kentucky. This recruitment is huge for momentum in several ways.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

He is reportedly very close to the Mgbako family and has been for several years.  He's also very well clued in on recruiting in general.

He also called out a NYT reporter for giving details that the Mgbanko’s didn’t want out as they said they wanted the recruitment quiet.  So I would expect that slater will only release things the family wants out there.

He also called out a NYT reporter for giving details that the Mgbanko’s didn’t want out as they said they wanted the recruitment quiet.  So I would expect that slater will only release things the family wants out there.
What did he say? Can't find it on this thread

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

What did he say? Can't find it on this thread

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Think he screenshotted or quote-tweezed Adam Zagoria with rat and facepalm emojis when Zags broke the visits’ news (which was seemingly known but embargoed, and thus lots of confirmation stories ran from all sorts of places after) broke.

39 minutes ago, realTomCrean said:

X- Best PG (and oldest) in B1G 

Gallo - 45% 3P% 

MM - 5*

Reneau- 5* 

Ware- 5* 

Good bench talent. Would say, with my extremely limited knowledge base, IU is a proven SG away from having most talented team this century 

You know putting him in the line up already is bad luck right?