Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Michigan - Saturday, 2/11/23 @ 6:00 on ESPN

2 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I don’t know. Just rewatched it 4 times and nothing about what Dickinson was doing made it look like he was expecting the ball. And extra shout out to Kopp. Absolutely glued to Howard the whole possession. 

Agreed, they didn't seem to look for Dickinson at all.  Also Galloway played great defense that play

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hellllllllll YESSSSSSSSSS.

Huge win for this team at this time in the schedule. HUGE.

Watched with my alumni brothers and son. That was fun……

TJD is almost always awesome. Incredible. Wished he would have gone at Dickinson a little more second half instead of settling. Also that 1 and 1……

JHS was the Robin to Batman tonight especially in the second half. Made some terrible TOs early and didn’t have a flawless game.

Shoutout to Geronimo for Offensive rebounding effort, and defensive effort in 2nd half.

Kopp and Galloway also played VERY hard and smart.

Bates….. ugh…. Rooting hard for Bates. He could make us much better but man…. Terrible game.

HUGE WIN

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

In this last 9 game stretch Bates has had just two games where he has made multiple field goals (Michigan State and Ohio State). I wonder if him playing less has something to do with the teams performance? Galloway has just been so much better.

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Better enjoy JHS he gone

I think so but not sure at this point. His consistency isn’t there, phenomenal one game, completely off the next. Love that he can play through a poor start and find his rhythm and carry us (with TJD) like he did tn, but think he needs to show more consistency of strong games to lock himself into a good 1st round pick. He probably will, he has next level game

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Woody has us gelling again at the right time. Seems to be pushing the right buttons. 

Defense travels. TJD & JHS are dudes. Just need a third to step up, Galloway, Reneau, Bates, Kopp or Race. Just someone on any given night for us to be elite.

That’s a solid win. Let’s take this business trip to Chicago. 

You’re leaving JG out and after a game where Malik was largely lost. JG’s D in the 2d half tonight, and weak side help, played a roll in the W and he was gimpy. Hope he makes a believer out of you by March :)

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hellllllllll YESSSSSSSSSS.

Huge win for this team at this time in the schedule. HUGE.

Watched with my alumni brothers and son. That was fun……

TJD is almost always awesome. Incredible. Wished he would have gone at Dickinson a little more second half instead of settling. Also that 1 and 1……

JHS was the Robin to Batman tonight especially in the second half. Made some terrible TOs early and didn’t have a flawless game.

Shoutout to Geronimo for Offensive rebounding effort, and defensive effort in 2nd half.

Kopp and Galloway also played VERY hard and smart.

Bates….. ugh…. Rooting hard for Bates. He could make us much better but man…. Terrible game.

HUGE WIN

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I’ve about given up on Bates being anything but a spot up jump shooter. He doesn’t have the handle to break anyone down off the dribble, and he doesn’t have the wiggle/fluidity some players have to get around guys. He’s also not a great passer. Besides taking open 3s, all he seems to be able to do is put his head down and take a couple hard dribbles and then try to elevate for what is usually a very poor shot that he will be lucky to make 1 in 5 times.

35 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Yeah, no need to rush him this week if he's not ready. Would like to have him for the two road games with Michigan State and Purdue. Goal should be he's in game shape by the B1G Tournament. Tonight showed why this team needs him. Gives you a third option on offense. 

Have zero no idea what Woody is thinking, or about his concerns... , but my thoughts......

• We need X no doubt for the stretch, and playoffs. 
  • JHS is growing and improving, and don't want to screw that up... 

In short, best situation... he comes 100%, but can play well with JHS, and the chemistry built between JHS and TJD. 

21 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I think so but not sure at this point. His consistency isn’t there, phenomenal one game, completely off the next. Love that he can play through a poor start and find his rhythm and carry us (with TJD) like he did tn, but think he needs to show more consistency of strong games to lock himself into a good 1st round pick. He probably will, he has next level game

My thoughts too. 

Consistency lacks. Flashes are awesome, but he's improving in every way. 

My bet, he comes back. And is a top 10 pick next year. 

6 minutes ago, Southside said:

My thoughts too. 

Consistency lacks. Flashes are awesome, but he'"improving in every way. 

My bet, he comes back. And is a top 10 pick next year. 

I'm leaning to thinking he'd be better off coming back, another season to further grow into that level of consistent skill and production he'll need for the League. He has all the tools and the game is largely there but it's too up and down. It'll turn on the feedback he gets when he tests the waters, if he's told he's going to get picked and it's up there in the 1st, it'd be a hard choice -- but best example, imo, of a guy that made that choice when it was right to stay? Cody. He was a first rounder, but came back and turned himself into a lottery pick and got another season to get himself ready and turned it into a long, solid NBA career. It's a risk to return, injuries, no TJD, no X, younger squad, but at this point I think it'd be best for him. (and selfishly, I'd love to see him running point next season.)

19 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I like the kid’s heart, if that’s the case hope he lands in a good place for him

Heart when you’re a basketball player = hard work. So he might be a good person but heart?

meh

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Heart when you’re a basketball player = hard work. So he might be a good person but heart?

meh

If that's the rap on him then I'd understand. The heart I'm talking about is the little I've seen him playing - when he has, he's played hard, and was decently effective. Mop up minutes or not, that's what I've seen on the floor. Not working hard otherwise? Too bad if so.

21 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I'm leaning to thinking he'd be better off coming back, another season to further grow into that level of consistent skill and production he'll need for the League. He has all the tools and the game is largely there but it's too up and down. It'll turn on the feedback he gets when he tests the waters, if he's told he's going to get picked and it's up there in the 1st, it'd be a hard choice -- but best example, imo, of a guy that made that choice when it was right to stay? Cody. He was a first rounder, but came back and turned himself into a lottery pick and got another season to get himself ready and turned it into a long, solid NBA career. It's a risk to return, injuries, no TJD, no X, younger squad, but at this point I think it'd be best for him. (and selfishly, I'd love to see him running point next season.)

He'd be our unquestioned leader and focal point next season. His #s should jump big time. Right now, he's 20s to 50s. Some don't list him in first two rounds. We have another month+ to watch his improvement. I'd love to see him take us deep into the dance, and improve his draft status, but regardless, I think another year is best for him (long term).