Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Good news? Scott Dolson showed us with the TA firing that he is taking this athletics thing seriously. Hopefully, the same will ring true if this all goes as it seems it will.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Agree with this.

And if it’s determined that a change needs to be made, Dolson may have to do something like say “Mike you’re an IU legend and we love you, but this isn’t working and I’m gonna give you two choices. You can either choose to retire or I’m gonna fire you.”

Trying to find a positive here...all the fans who insisted that we needed an "IU guy" as coach should surely understand the error in that thinking, right?  Or they never learn, do they
Joe hillman lead the charge. I hope he is happy

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Well I can't start a new thread with Tapatalk. BTW Tapatalk is a rant in and of itself. Anyhow who are realistic coaching names for '24 if in fact this goes as scheduled? I know Dusty May, Micah Shrewsbury and Michael Lewis (he's stunk but BSU isn't easy) but who else?

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Good news? Scott Dolson showed us with the TA firing that he is taking this athletics thing seriously. Hopefully, the same will ring true if this all goes as it seems it will.

He won't get fired this year. Only way Woody is not here next year is if he decides that himself.

He won't get fired this year. Only way Woody is not here next year is if he decides that himself.
$20M to Tom Allen may suggest otherwise

Woodson is cooked. He assembled the worst group of guards in all of power 5. He has zero guards coming in and I sincerely doubt he will have much success in the portal. The only way Woodson was going to work was by having elite recruiting and he whiffed too many times. 

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

$20M to Tom Allen may suggest otherwise

I hear ya I jjust don't feel like getting hopes up on that and I honestly just don't want to get back on the coaching carousel hamster wheel, It's been a sad cycle. Hopefully if we move on we can at least go with someone who understands modern college basketball.

1 hour ago, Josh said:

It's time for this team to have a players only meeting.  Because this coaching staff has no idea how to help them win

Won’t do anything. Our best guard is Mr Inconsistent Trey Galloway lmao. This team is lead by an extremely stubborn out of touch coach and a 6th year PG with attitude problems. This isn’t going to get better. 

I hear ya I jjust don't feel like getting hopes up on that and I honestly just don't want to get back on the coaching carousel hamster wheel, It's been a sad cycle. Hopefully if we move on we can at least go with someone who understands modern college basketball.
I understand not wanting to get on that wheel again but do you want to stay on this wheel? TJD, Thompson and Kopp aren't coming back.

2 minutes ago, IUfan_Charlie said:

Woodson is cooked. He assembled the worst group of guards in all of power 5. He has zero guards coming in and I sincerely doubt he will have much success in the portal. The only way Woodson was going to work was by having elite recruiting and he whiffed too many times. 

Not going to go as far as say "cooked", but this is my fear as well. He had an open scholarship and got JHS to the league and couldn't convince any portal guard to help a Big10 program with a bunch of NIL money this offseason? He's going to have more spots to fill at guard and wing next season, I've not seen much ability to land talent in volume that, imo, is going to be required to overhaul this roster to achieve the heights he's talking about - conference and national championships

He's done well landing some bigger fish during the offseason coaching carousel - Malik and MM - but he needs a lot of help from where I sit

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Not going to go as far as say "cooked", but this is my fear as well. He had an open scholarship and got JHS to the league and couldn't convince any portal guard to help a Big10 program with a bunch of NIL money this offseason? He's going to have more spots to fill at guard and wing next season, I've not seen much ability to land talent in volume that, imo, is going to be required to overhaul this roster to achieve the heights he's talking about - conference and national championships

He's done well landing some bigger fish during the offseason coaching carousel - Malik and MM - but he needs a lot of help from where I sit

Only way Woodson survives is if Reneau and Mgbako come back, Mgbako makes a jump and he lands two high impact guards on the portal. I don’t see it. 

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I really can't give this staff a ton of credit for Mackenzie Mgbako. I think he completely fell into IU's lap when his mother reached out to Woody. The Mgbako's have been very engaged in helping their sons navigate the basketball landscape and they've said as much that Woody's NBA pedigree was appealing to them. 

Given the short recruiting window, credit where its due for making the family comfortable with the staff/university. But their first priority is going to be about evaluating his progress toward making the NBA, and frankly I'd be surprised if he is here a second year at this rate. Just my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I understand not wanting to get on that wheel again but do you want to stay on this wheel? TJD, Thompson and Kopp aren't coming back.

I do not, I just don't see us ever getting it right

40 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I'll cut that in half. Reneau and Cupps

Unfortunately if we only keep just those 2 guys I would not trust what woody would bring in. Atleast with Galloway and Mgbako we have 1 guy who can dribble and Mgbako a guy well…. Who can shoot???

9 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

I really can't give this staff a ton of credit for Mackenzie Mgbako. I think he completely fell into IU's lap when his mother reached out to Woody. The Mgbako's have been very engaged in helping their sons navigate the basketball landscape and they've said as much that Woody's NBA pedigree was appealing to them. 

Given the short recruiting window, credit where its due for making the family comfortable with the staff/university. But their first priority is going to be about evaluating his progress toward making the NBA, and frankly I'd be surprised if he is here a second year at this rate. Just my opinion. 

I was already assuming both he and Ware were bound for professional basketball regardless. Walker will be done and I wouldn't be surprised by some portal turnover on IU's own roster so just assume the guard and wing positions will look incredibly different next season with Liam the only known addition.

Wasn't aware of the backstory of landing Mgbako, just was more alluding to Woodson being able to land 6+ new impact players through portal and recruiting

Unfortunately I think CMW can't recruit enough top talent to win with nor can he coach and develop lesser talent to win with either. I don't understand how we are so strong with our NIL program that we can't attract more talent than we have? 

Just now, kreigh8 said:

I was already assuming both he and Ware were bound for the professional basketball regardless. Walker will be done and I wouldn't be surprised by some portal turnover on IU's own roster so just assume the guard and wing positions will look incredibly different next season with Liam the only known addition.

Wasn't aware of the backstory of landing Mgbako, just was more alluding to Woodson being able to land 6+ new impact players through portal and recruiting

Totally agree with you man!