Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Rutgers - Saturday, 12/3/22 @ 4:00 on BTN

Total tone setter for the B10 season if we can get a roadie here. 
IMO, Woodie, and TJD, aren't playing this year. 
Add XJ into that mix. He seems to be on a not effin around mission as well. Loss sucks but not the end of the world. Win is just more steam for the engine.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Unless info is being kept secret it would appear Mulcahy is out today.

Some people on the RU boards said he hasn’t practiced in weeks. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are keeping the whole Mulcahy injury secret 

Some people on the RU boards said he hasn’t practiced in weeks. Wouldn’t surprise me if they are keeping the whole Mulcahy injury secret 
Been reading their "TKR" board and they seem to think he'll be out. Word (Pikiell) is he has to be cleared for full contact practice before he can play. As of today there has been no mention of him being cleared by doctors. I also would not be surprised by anything at all. I over value Mulcahy quite a bit so it may not matter a whole lot anyhow. I really like him as a player.

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Been reading their "TKR" board and they seem to think he'll be out. Word (Pikiell) is he has to be cleared for full contact practice before he can play. As of today there has been no mention of him being cleared by doctors. I also would not be surprised by anything at all. I over value Mulcahy quite a bit so it may not matter a whole lot anyhow. I really like him as a player.

If he does somehow end up playing today, he will likely be pretty rusty for the most part

As one will likes to partake in wagering, I find that the 3.5 pt line seems like the books are considering our past struggles vs Rutgers, not what the actual teams are doing this year.  Rutgers has played 2 legit teams, losing to both.  Haslametrics says we should win by 5.  I’m putting the wife’s Christmas present money on the Hoosiers!  

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Welcome to btb.  Hope to see you as a frequent poster.

Appreciate the warm welcome. Been a reader for a while, first time posting today - too excited to see this crew on the floor to not post. Don't want to jinx it, but I think we're going to kick some serious a$$ today. This year feels different... we'll see.

If I overhear any interesting nuggets from the bench, I'll be sure to share in the thread. Looking forward to sticking around for a while

10 minutes ago, DWB said:

RU has 2 guys out Mulcahey & one other. Missed his name from Fisch.

Edit: Fisch just said Mlucahey is warming up.  Yuck !!

Just now, rcs29 said:

And the medical miracle appeared to come to fruition. Something about playing IU really mends people.

Not necessarily; Mulcahy has been dressed and on the floor during warmups for all four games he’s missed.