Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Rutgers - Saturday, 12/3/22 @ 4:00 on BTN

9 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Nah.  Nobody expected anything from those tourney games.  Heck, they weren't even expected to be in it.  The UNC game, however, was hyped since last year when scheduled, facing the national runner up, with IU's new recruits and return of TJD, et. al.  Both teams ranked high.  First big time, national exposure game in Assy Hall in a long time.  A game that measures the progress of the program under Woodson.    

We found out about the UNC game last year before they were national runner up, before Reneau committed, and before TJD announced his return? My timeline for that was way off. I guess we have different measure for progress of the program. A single noncon game does little to measure progress in my eyes. Completely agree the game was hyped but completely disagree it being the biggest game of their lives. Who knows with this bunch though.

4 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

We found out about the UNC game last year before they were national runner up, before Reneau committed, and before TJD announced his return? My timeline for that was way off. I guess we have different measure for progress of the program. A single noncon game does little to measure progress in my eyes. Completely agree the game was hyped but completely disagree it being the biggest game of their lives. Who knows with this bunch though.

Name a bigger, more prominent, hyped, nationally televised, prime time, game for these guys to date?   Vs Wyoming?  Come on man.  

17 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Guys, off the ledge.  This was a let down game.  It shouldn't but it happens.  They played the biggest game of their lives three days prior.  It's probably a good thing -- it will get them focused for the rest of the season.  Carry on.   

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

Name a bigger, more prominent, hyped, nationally televised, prime time, game for these guys to date?   Vs Wyoming?  Come on man.  

I guess your definition of bigger/biggest and prominent differ from mine. It would be interesting to see the ratings between the tourney games and the game against UNC.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

This was a let down game

Perhaps. It was also a game that shown a light on Indiana's main liability--outside shooting.  Perimeter shooting was a problem last season and no shooters were brought in to correct the problem. Indiana may be a talented team, but poor shooting is still likely to be a recurring problem whenever teams play defense like Rutgers did.

2 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

I guess your definition of bigger/biggest and prominent differ from mine. It would be interesting to see the ratings between the tourney games and the game against UNC.

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/look-tv-ratings-are-out-for-the-first-four-games

iUs first 4 game last year 

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Numbers for the UNC game 

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/2022-NCAA-Tournament-First-Four-most-watched-Tuesday-coverage-ever-Indiana-hoosiers-Wyoming-cowboys-184562780/

A 9:30ET IU/Wyoming tip averaged 2.2 million, which is insane lol. I'm guessing the peak was over 3. Our fanbase is bonkers and anyone who says otherwise is dead wrong.

Edit: beat me to it of course. Keeping it!

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Numbers for the UNC game 

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

Delivering after hours, that's pretty crazy that an NCAA first-four game had more eyes than a noncon game against two of the largest fan bases in college basketball.

6 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Again any tournament game is a bigger stage

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Delivering after hours, that's pretty crazy that an NCAA first-four game had more eyes than a noncon game against two of the largest fan bases in college basketball.

Because more casual fans watch the tournament than a game in November.  A lot of people don't realize college is going on until after football is over.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because more casual fans watch the tournament than a game in November.  A lot of people don't realize college is going on until after football is over.

And the for first four, there’s only two games on per night so nothing to compete against for fans of college basketball. 

5 hours ago, Honkyman said:

Perhaps. It was also a game that shown a light on Indiana's main liability--outside shooting.  Perimeter shooting was a problem last season and no shooters were brought in to correct the problem. Indiana may be a talented team, but poor shooting is still likely to be a recurring problem whenever teams play defense like Rutgers did.

The problem with the game from perspective is that it showed we didn’t raise our floor from last year. Good teams should have a high ceiling but also a pretty high floor. The ol’ won ugly routine. 

That’s not the case for us. That’s mostly the case because guys haven’t progressed. Race, Geronimo and X shot the ball week to end the season last year, but I guess it was a mirage.  Bates and Galloway give us almost nothing in that dept. As much as I love those guys, you can’t be real effective at this level shooting like them.

Its not just 3’s either. Being able to hit 15fters would’ve shifted the D.  TJD is a lost cause on ever having a face up jumper game.  The others aren’t much better. 

Kopp looks a little better but he was best shooter anyways. JHS gives me a little hope but he’s a frosh and now apparently injured.