Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

They Fired Tom Allen!

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Mallorys last 3 seasons

1994: 6-5(3-5)... 1995: 2-9(0-8)... 1996: 3-8(1-7)

Total: 11-22(4-20)

Cameron's last 3

1999: 4-7(3-5)... 2000: 3-8(2-6)... 2001: 5-6(4-4)

Total: 12-21(9-15)

Dinardo

2002: 3-9(1-7)... 2003: 2-10(1-7)... 2004: 3-8(1-7)

Total: 8-27(3-21)

Lynch

2008: 3-9(1-7)... 2009: 4-8(1-7), 2010: 5-7(1-7)

Total: 12-24(3-21)

Allen

2021: 2-10(0-9)... 2022: 4-8(2-7), 2023: 2-5(0-4)

Total: 8-23(2-20)

There's no way to ignore these results. When Bill Lynch's last three years are better than yours, you know your time is coming to an end. UPDATE: and I was the first to give him a pass in 2021, that was an abnormally bad "break" year. But three seasons with 2 or fewer BIG wins is not good enough. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It's being discussed, just got to come up with the right number and start figuring out what money we will have left to pay a coach. 

He should have to pay us for being forced to watch the last couple years.

I know it doesn't work that way but it's been brutal.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can't watch it anymore. But it was a beautiful day tailgating

They are easy to watch with the proper amounts of beer, whiskey, and herb.  Or at least it makes it tolerable.  Who am I kidding?  I watched Ohio St. Saturday.

28 minutes ago, Rico said:

They are easy to watch with the proper amounts of beer, whiskey, and herb.  Or at least it makes it tolerable.  Who am I kidding?  I watched Ohio St. Saturday.

Myself and one of my friends from IU had the OSU game on the tv and then just threw our game on the laptop in the corner and left it on mute. Didn't even leave that on after the 3rd quarter lol

I heard the stadium was pretty empty yesterday for a homecoming game. Indiana likely isn’t winning another game this season.

If Dolson can’t buy him out or if Tom doesn’t walk, the season ticket buyers will be down to its lowest in history. I mean they were selling season tickets for like $70 bucks at Costco before the season started this year! 

Nonetheless, I think this is Tom’s last dance. He’s walking away or Dolson will pull the plug. 
Doubt he wins another game. Penn State will beat us by 50.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

If only this year's games were 15 minutes long!

Some have already mentioned this but I will be very surprised if CTA is IUFB's head football coach next year. If he is then it lets everyone (coaches, recruits, fans, conference big wigs, media, etc. etc.) know Dolson gives zero poops about football. Folks are no longer interested this season and money is being lost for the program because of it. At this point, it's about dollars and 'sense'. Have him stick around for another year and lose more money (millions) in revenue or go ahead and make the business decision to take losses up front and hope with the right hire recoup those losses in a year or two. 

It's disappointing to say the least. I was watching the Washington game against ASU and noticed some familiar faces coaching on the sidelines and just shook my head. This wasn't the first time I've experienced it and it won't be the last. I'm an IUFB fan and this is how it works. We fans taste a small amount of success and that success moves on to bigger paychecks and better opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Hornsby said:

Doubt he wins another game. Penn State will beat us by 50.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

In response to a game that was never competitive and saw a Penn State walk-on throw for 100 yards and a score, Indiana coach Tom Allen said "we need to execute and score more".

58 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Well, at least Dolson doesn’t have to come up with Jimbo Fischer money. 

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wow. It's the first time in memory that we have led the nation in anything, and the first time I can remember something about IU football (in this case CTA's seat) described as "scorching."