Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

IU Basketball News and Notes

37 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Bako’s bigger - good to see, think he’s going to have a great year. 

But 7 ft, 265, Ballo…  get outta the way lol

On 9/7/2024 at 10:19 AM, LamarCheeks said:

I used to follow tennis quite a bit -- back in the days of the McEnroes, Connorses, Lendls, Agassis, Edbergs, Samprases and even a bit into the Federers. But admittedly, I haven't paid attention in awhile. 

This is Taylor Fritz, the American who's playing for the U.S. Open title Sunday. Didn't even know who he was until I saw something about him recently on ESPN. 

He bears a bit of a resemblance to a certain fifth-year IU guard from Culver, does he not? 

Taylor Fritz - Tennis player - ATP - Tennis Majors

giphy.gif

Fooled me

On 9/18/2024 at 7:51 PM, LamarCheeks said:

Our fellas gettin' their groove on ... 

https://x.com/Red_Dead_Fred/status/1836506677979607306

We are in BIG BIG trouble if the NCAA decides that games tied in regulation should be decided by a dance-off. 
Love Gallo’s game, as an example, but he would be a great dance partner with Elaine Benes. 

13 minutes ago, Demo said:

IMG_1379.png

Not sure who would be surprised here. Probably the most physically talented kid on the roster. If Devonte Green had actually been the player he saw in the mirror he would have been Kanaan Carlyle. Some of his decision making will frustrate occasionally, but he can take over games.

Saving the bolded line for future use. Will attribute to you if all works out as planned.

30 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Saving the bolded line for future use. Will attribute to you if all works out as planned.

There are gonna be teams who have no matchup for him at all. Little brother’s one of them. Not saying he’s gonna do a JHS to them, but I imagine there will be possessions where Woody simply  puts them in 4 low and he just abuses Loyer. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

There are gonna be teams who have no matchup for him at all. Little brother’s one of them. Not saying he’s gonna do a JHS to them, but I imagine there will be possessions where Woody simply  puts them in 4 low and he just abuses Loyer. 

Actually a lot of players have abused Loyer.  Looks like his face was abused a lot as kid too, very much used as a punching bag!

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

Or when Carlyle isn't on the court, clear out for Cupps and let him abuse Loyer.

Or let the 12 year old boy there to watch the game with his middle school team isolate Loyer and blow past him.

2 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Just a reminder that every off-season we are told about surprise, over and elite performers. I'd venture to say the majority of times that doesn't pan out. I've become numb to these types of reports as much as the doctored S&C photos. It's all just noise. Let's see the results on the court.

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME CJ GUNN WASN'T AWESOME?!!?

eek - you make a very good point.

38 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

Just a reminder that every off-season we are told about surprise, over and elite performers. I'd venture to say the majority of times that doesn't pan out. I've become numb to these types of reports as much as the doctored S&C photos. It's all just noise. Let's see the results on the court.

Yes. I refer to them as the offseason snipers since that what we've seemed to hear the past few years is that player x can't miss during the summer/preseason practices. Then reality hits when the games begin. Hopefully it's real this time but I won't hold my breath.