Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Recommended Posts

More importantly who the he'll wants to read a book about last season especially if a bunch of transfers are writing it? Enjoy your new schools as for iu were building and moving on. Hopefully tjd and next year's squad can have a season worth writing a book about in a positive way

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Surprised by Phinisee’s inclusion. Didn’t figure him as one of the malcontents.

He’s seemed congenial with TJD, even getting a positive mention on the Hysterics podcast. Wonder if fans were tweeting, or friends texting, or there’s some other undercurrent?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CharlotteHoosier16 said:

 

5F017960-AD4B-4A7F-B207-14C4EEB7DB89.jpeg

A45CC6C4-DCAF-4304-AC54-AC4F1B9C42D5.jpeg

At least two of these guys seem a liiiiitttttle too defensive on this. I didn’t see a soul mention names. TJD played on two IU teams (plus HS and AAU teams) before this. No one’s saying your name!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, lillurk said:

At least two of these guys seem a liiiiitttttle too defensive on this. I didn’t see a soul mention names. TJD played on two IU teams (plus HS and AAU teams) before this. No one’s saying your name!

I'm sure there were some hard conversations after the season ended. Probably didn't go the way some wanted. I'm not going to say anything negative about these young men and wish them much success at their current schools. My advice to them would be to let the past go and embrace the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Race Thompson and Parker Stewart? Not great fans of each other.

Woody likes RaceTrayce, who are close with JG, Trey, Anthony, and Miller.

Everyone got along with Phin.

Not everyone is always gonna be grateful for everyone when a new coaching staff and lots of new faces show up.

A suggestion for those who want to know who was hanging with who on last year’s team? Miller Kopp TikTok.

 

Edited by Stuhoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Race Thompson and Parker Stewart? Not great fans of each other.

Woody likes RaceTrayce, who are close with JG, Trey, Anthony, and Miller.

Everyone got along with Phin.

Not everyone is always gonna be grateful for everyone when a new coaching staff and lots of new faces show up.

A suggestion for those who want to know who was hanging with who on last year’s team? Miller Kopp TikTok.

 

Just read an IndyStar article by Gregg Doyel claiming that TJD alleged drug use by some players last season. Didn't name names and I'm not really interested in knowing. But did say according to TJD any drug use should result in that player being removed from the team. I was a little surprised by the allegations and wonder how that may have impacted who stayed and who left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Just read an IndyStar article by Gregg Royal claiming that TJD alleged drug use by some players last season. Didn't name names and I'm not really interested in knowing. But did say according to TJD any drug use should result in that player being removed from the team. I was a little surprised by the allegations and wonder how that may have impacted who stayed and who left.

I’ll miss seeing Rob Phinisee on my alma mater’s roster.

The other three I’ll miss from the roster less than Rob Phinisee for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cthomas said:

I'm sure there were some hard conversations after the season ended. Probably didn't go the way some wanted. I'm not going to say anything negative about these young men and wish them much success at their current schools. My advice to them would be to let the past go and embrace the future.

Agreed. A while back I was forced to fire someone, and she called 3-4 of her former co-workers that afternoon asking "what are they saying about me?!"  Sadly for her, the answer was "not much." This episode kinda reminded me of that. Each of those players had ample opportunity to make an impact on the court and, other than Rob, did very little. Am I mildly interested in what happened before the Northwestern game? Sure, I guess. But it's hardly consuming my thoughts months later. IU fans are ready to move on, so should they, without trying to create drama.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm glad TJD is back and taking ownership of being the team leader but I would have left some of that stuff out. Leave the past in the past IMO. I mean he's not calling Race out for going out every weekend. 

But we need someone to step up and I'm glad he's willing to.

Agree. Love that he's back and love that he's taking ownership of the program and team, etc.  Love that!

With that said, some things are meant to stay in-house, and I think yesterday was actually a misstep by TJD. If I'm a teammate or even Woodson, I'm kind of looking at him sideways today. 

He kind of put Woodson in a bit of a bind as well with his comments on what suspensions should be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I would argue that TJD is partially, if not mostly, responsible for creating the drama. I agree with his stance on the things he said about NW and some of the drug stuff, but there was absolutely no reason to make that public. 

Again to be crystal clear, I agree with most of what he said, but I think it was a misstep in leadership to make all of that public. 

I agree with you that fans and the program have moved on from the NW debacle, but in fairness TJD is the one who brought it back up, not Phinisee, Lander, Stewart or Durr. 

That’s one way to look at it.

Then, again, it can be looked at as Trayce demonstrating strong leadership. He’s making it CRYSTAL CLEAR that he wants everyone focused - you’re either in on the things TRULY important that are going to help you win, and if you’re not mature enough to understand that you need to be gone. Period.

Just as long as he’s walking the walk, he can talk the talk all he wants in my opinion. That statement was for his CURRENT team going forward, not guys no longer there. And if those departed have issue with what was said, too bad - it’s likely why you’re no longer in Bloomington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Love that he's back and love that he's taking ownership of the program and team, etc.  Love that!

With that said, some things are meant to stay in-house, and I think yesterday was actually a misstep by TJD. If I'm a teammate or even Woodson, I'm kind of looking at him sideways today. 

He kind of put Woodson in a bit of a bind as well with his comments on what suspensions should be. 

I would guess he’s probably echoing what Woodson has said about suspensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

I would guess he’s probably echoing what Woodson has said about suspensions.

Then they've both kind of put themselves in a zero tolerance policy situation. We've seen that movie play out before. 

Again, not disagreeing with him, just no need to make this stuff public. Potentially does more harm than good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Love that he's back and love that he's taking ownership of the program and team, etc.  Love that!

With that said, some things are meant to stay in-house, and I think yesterday was actually a misstep by TJD. If I'm a teammate or even Woodson, I'm kind of looking at him sideways today. 

He kind of put Woodson in a bit of a bind as well with his comments on what suspensions should be. 

Yeah I agree with this. No need to dime on your former teammates like that. It’s all stuff that could have been addressed in private. Just kind of weird comments from him imho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

That’s one way to look at it.

Then, again, it can be looked at as Trayce demonstrating strong leadership. He’s making it CRYSTAL CLEAR that he wants everyone focused - you’re either in on the things TRULY important that are going to help you win, and if you’re not mature enough to understand that you need to be gone. Period.

Just as long as he’s walking the walk, he can talk the talk all he wants in my opinion. That statement was for his CURRENT team going forward, not guys no longer there. And if those departed have issue with what was said, too bad - it’s likely why you’re no longer in Bloomington.

There's just stuff that is better kept in-house. He's kind of painted himself and Woodson into a corner a bit. 

Again, I don’t disagree with him, I just think it mistake to air that stuff publicly. He can make all those points crystal clear in the locker room. His wording publicly was not great IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

There's just stuff that is better kept in-house. He's kind of painted himself and Woodson into a corner a bit. 

Again, I don’t disagree with him, I just think it mistake to air that stuff publicly. He can make all those points crystal clear in the locker room. His wording publicly was not great IMO. 

Although I get why some of you say it should be kept private, I still approve of it in this case. 
 

IMHO, he’s setting the bar HIGH for the team. You are here PRIMARILY to play basketball and REPRESENT the University. My opinion it helps eliminate any issues of guys possibly going astray by stating that if team first is not your top priority, you’ll be gone.

Winning at a high level is tough enough; trying to do it without having everyone pulling in the same direction makes it even harder. After watching some IU teams in the last decade struggle because of leadership (or lack thereof), I have no problem with Trayce setting the standard for everyone. You’re either IN, or you’re OUT. Period, end of speech. And if you end up OUT because of this, you really have to question what your priorities really were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×