Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoops1

(2022) PG Adou Thiero to Kentucky

4 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

A lot of 'if's' here, but assuming an offer is extended & accepted - does the staff view Adou as a potential redshirt candidate for the '22 season, or does he accept the limited Lander-esque minutes that may fall his way?

good question.  Depends on how good he is.  Staff wants more athleticism at the wing and he offers that.  Who else projects to play wing next season.  Maybe a third guard like Bates, Galloway, or JHS.  Are we big enough to play JG at the 3 or are we slotting him at the 4.  I suppose, if you are good enough, you'll earn minutes but this is the caveat of all recruitments in the transfer portal era, can a player endure not getting minutes and not transferring.  Not sure.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

good question.  Depends on how good he is.  Staff wants more athleticism at the wing and he offers that.  Who else projects to play wing next season.  Maybe a third guard like Bates, Galloway, or JHS.  Are we big enough to play JG at the 3 or are we slotting him at the 4.  I suppose, if you are good enough, you'll earn minutes but this is the caveat of all recruitments in the transfer portal era, can a player endure not getting minutes and not transferring.  Not sure.  

Maybe that's where NIL $$$ come into play??

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Little was a Baylor lean for a while now, and Fife was the lead recruiter for him. 

I thought we led for Little and we should hear something soonish? I didn't think Fife was a lead recruiter for anyone or was he just the "lead recruiter" to get him out of the country?

Recruiter and information seems more fluid by the day.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

I thought we led for Little and we should hear something soonish? I didn't think Fife was a lead recruiter for anyone or was he just the "lead recruiter" to get him out of the country?

Recruiter and information seems more fluid by the day.

IDK I thought you knew? I'm just a hater. I don't whose doing what

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

IDK I thought you knew? I'm just a hater. I don't whose doing what

So we started as a Little lock with Dane as lead recruiter to firing Fife who wasn't the lead for anyone back to Dane was the lead on the Little lean to Baylor for awhile. Add a dash that we should be hopefully hearing from Little in the next few weeks that was announced almost a month ago.

haters-malibu.gif

1 minute ago, Demo said:

Ok, let’s go ahead and just get this out of the way now: God, I can’t believe that S.O.B. Fife sabotaged us with Little!!!! F that guy!!!!

Saves time.

And, to stay on topic, have now watched enough of Thiero to be completely comfortable with an offer. He would be strictly a niche guy coming in, but his traits are just nasty. As bad as his team was last night, Thiero was very good. Played through the thumb clearly bothering him along with an ankle he rolled pretty good in the 2nd qtr. Showed heart. 

100% agree. He's going to be a 4-year guy, might still be growing, and could be a nice late-season pickup. I wouldn't expect him to get much playing time next year but I think he is worth an offer. 

10 hours ago, Chris007 said:

100% agree. He's going to be a 4-year guy, might still be growing, and could be a nice late-season pickup. I wouldn't expect him to get much playing time next year but I think he is worth an offer. 

Isn't he the kid whose doctor said could get to 6"10'?

Little is a 2023, Thiero is 2022. May not have any influence

I’ve always felt like Cupp and Newton make us extreme longshots for Little. I, famously, wanted Little over Cupp for these reasons. Happy to have Cupp, of course, but feel like Little is the better talent. We need wings and bigs in 2023, although, I suppose you could sell Little as a wing, but who are we kidding, he sees himself as a PG or CG.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve always felt like Cupp and Newton make us extreme longshots for Little. I, famously, wanted Little over Cupp for these reasons. Happy to have Cupp, of course, but feel like Little is the better talent. We need wings and bigs in 2023, although, I suppose you could sell Little as a wing, but who are we kidding, he sees himself as a PG or CG.

It’s possible that Cupps makes coming to play at IU “cool” again with being a top 3 social media influencer as a basketball player. Read something somewhere that his net worth right now was $1million. Don’t know that to be 100% factual and true.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I recall Chris saying that when Cupp committed it wouldn't effect Miro's decision. But, doesn't really matter now. Reading between the lines, I'd speculate the Little family was one of the recruits to hear the alleged subordination from Fife. If they liked him, I imagine our relationship took a hit now that Fife's gone.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Little has always been a Baylor lean.