Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoops1

(2022) PG Adou Thiero to Kentucky

17 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alec Lasley -

Adou Thiero follows up his 31-point, 17-rebound and 7-block game in the #WPIAL Championship with a triple-double last night -- 15 points, 12 rebounds and 10 assists.

Hellooooooo 13th scholarship.

(Just one stank face avatar's opinion, but Adou gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside)

9 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

No scholarship offer yet. I wonder how many guard leaving that's dependent on. I see 2-3 guards leaving IU this year, so I think he'll get an offer on his official visit.

I think we will have to wait to see who is leaving, who is coming back. Then decide do we go with the portal or do we go with him. 

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

X, Rob, JHS, and him? Or do you not think one of X or Rob coming back? Also, I see people saying Peck from KSU. Can't have them all

Adou will not be a primary ball-handler in college. I don't think JHS will start out as a primary ball-handler. 

However, Woody has made it clear that he prefers a lineup with multiple players who can run pick and roll offense. Right now we have only one player (X) on the whole team who can effectively do that. 

Really good article on him.  His season totals at Quaker Valley:  24.4 points, 9.8 rebounds, 5.7 assists, 3.9 steals, 2.2 blocks.

Great information from his father. Adou played AAU ball on a team his father coached -- his father runs a program called Collegiate Basketball Prospects of America that focuses on development instead of high profile tournaments.

“I kind of went against the grain as far as Adou’s development and the whole AAU thing,” said Al Thiero, Adou’s father.

Oh, Adou Thiero has played AAU summer basketball. But he played for teams coached by his father and those teams didn’t play in big-time AAU national tournaments. Al Thiero, a former player at Memphis and Duquesne, runs the Collegiate Basketball Prospects of America, a Pittsburgh-area training program that also has AAU teams from fourth grade to 11th grade.

“We played in tournaments, but not on the adidas or Nike circuit,” Al Thiero said. “To me, basketball in the summer is about developing your game. When you’re good enough, people will come to find you.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/high-school-basketball/2022/03/09/high-school-basketball-recruiting-wpial-quaker-valley-adou-thiero-aau/stories/202203090019

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

X, Rob, JHS, and him? Or do you not think one of X or Rob coming back? Also, I see people saying Peck from KSU. Can't have them all

I'd be okay with Pack, 40% from 3 and 80% from the line would be nice to have.  I'd like to see how Lander develops but could see him leaving.

I thought JHS was basically guaranteed to be the starting pg/primary ball handler going into next year, which would make X a bad fit with him. Pack's ability to shoot from deep and lower assist/ft rate would make him a better complement to JHS.

15 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

I'd be okay with Pack, 40% from 3 and 80% from the line would be nice to have.  I'd like to see how Lander develops but could see him leaving.

First team All-Big12? Yeah, we'd be okay with that.

I worry that if he goes into the portal, Pudroo has a giant gaping hole at guard for next year.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

First team All-Big12? Yeah, we'd be okay with that.

I worry that if he goes into the portal, Pudroo has a giant gaping hole at guard for next year.

Have you watched IU this year? The Hoosiers have a giant gaping hole at guard too. ; ) 

37 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

He gone

A call isn't an offer.  And it sounds like his father is pretty grounded -- he's likely going to look to send his kid where he fits best.  It's also not a player that Cal typically offers -- he doesn't have to take chances on players.  UK also does already have a combo guard and a wing that are coming in that are 7th and 8th overall in the class.  

Adou's father went to Memphis when Cal coached, but as Almamy (Adou's dad) puts it, he 'majored in injuries in college'.  His first two years at Memphis he played in just a total of 5 games for a total of 18 minutes, scoring 1 point over those two years.  His junior year he played in 23 games -- pretty much in garbage time -- totalling 115 minutes and scoring just 12 points all year.  He transfered for his fourth year as a graduate student, playing 15 games at Duquesne, getting 12 minutes per game and 2 1/2 ppg.  

His medical issues:

freshman year at Memphis:  had a metal rod placed in his tibia from an injury suffered in practice.  Given a medical hardship waiver.

sophomore year:  in mid December blood clots discovered in his lungs.  Missed the rest of the year.

junior year:  first year he was healthy.  Played in 23 games, averaged 0.5 ppg.

senior year (first senior year):  ACL injury the summer before the season.  Never played.

second senior year (after transferring to Duquesne):  Final was in a rotation, getting 12 minutes per game for the first half of the year before blood clots were once again found in his lungs.  Decided to call it a career.