Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierHoops1

(2022) PG Adou Thiero to Kentucky

From last season when he was 6'3", now 6'6".

Adou Thiero RetweetedBrad Everett@BREAL412·Apr 7, 2021Quaker Valley point guard Adou Thiero (22 ppg as a junior) has two D1 offers and his recruitment could soar as he continues to grow. Has gone from 6-1 to 6-3 recently, and says his doctor projects 6-10. Dad is 6-9 & mom is 6-3. @Adou2022 @prospectsbballpost-gazette.comQuaker Valley star point guard Adou Thiero gets some 'California Love'Thiero, who is 6 feet 3 and still growing, recently picked up an offer from Big West champion UC Santa Barbara.

10 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

any recruiting info on him? options, ranking, anything?

He doesn't even have a recruiting profile on any of the major services yet. Just Hudl and Maxpreps.

Hell, my 15 year old is a sophomore on a bad small high school soccer team and he's searchable on Hudl and Maxpreps!

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He doesn't even have a recruiting profile on any of the major services yet. Just Hudl and Maxpreps.

Hell, my 15 year old is a sophomore on a bad small high school soccer team and he's searchable on Hudl and Maxpreps!

Can he hit outside shots??? Even with his foot?

19 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

any recruiting info on him? options, ranking, anything?

The only thing I know is that he holds offers from Long Island and UC Santa Barbara. I'm assuming there are more than just those 2. There was an article that showed interest from a couple high majors, but can't remember where I read that or who they were. I want to say one was Memphis (is that high major? idk anymore), not that it means anything really.

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Much of that is about being submitted, not about being good.

4 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Intrigued for sure.

Maybe it was just me or that short clip in the article, but his jump shot looks pretty similar to Xavier Johnson's 

To me it looks nothing like X's jump shot. X looks like he is throwing darts in a pub when he shoots. 

Go to the 30 second mark of that video. Adou hits a 30 footer - kinda exciting, right? But the really exciting part of that shot is that his 30 footer hits the back of the rim and drops like a dead fish into the basket. That's some serious rotation from distance.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

To me it looks nothing like X's jump shot. X looks like he is throwing darts in a pub when he shoots. 

Go to the 30 second mark of that video. Adou hits a 30 footer - kinda exciting, right? But the really exciting part of that shot is that his 30 footer hits the back of the rim and drops like a dead fish into the basket. That's some serious rotation from distance.

Will have to disagree. He shoots it from his chin, which is pretty similar to what XJ does on his pull up jump shots. 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I agree with Stu here...his shot is nothing like Xavier Johnson...he shoots it from a little lower than ideal, and its not the prettiest, but it looks 10 times better than X.  X shoots from a low slot and is almost a 1 handed shot put.