Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Nebraska - 1/17/22 @ 6:00 ET on BTN

1 minute ago, Honkyman said:

Good performances out of TJD, Race Thompson, Jordan Geronimo, and Tre Galloway. Xavier and Phinisee were barely adequate. Bates looked better than has recently. Geronimo is a force. Parker Stewart hit a couple of important 3s.  Miller Kopp hits his first 3 and then misses four. Phinisee o-4 from 3. Good to finally win one on the road. Purdue will be tough to beat but at least we're at home.

Not sure how Tre would fall in the barely adequate category.  Two of his four turnovers were on the pass that was tipped and went off his leg and there was another where I think he was trying to make a play because the play clock was running out.  He made all three shots -- which were tough ones -- and played good defense.

That’s good but he has no idea how sore that tailbone/hip is going to be. Hope he is right
Truth.....I'd be out 4-6 months after that fall. In reality though it will be sore at the very least but he is in his prime so I'll be cautiously optimistic

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Not sure how Tre would fall in the barely adequate category.  Two of his four turnovers were on the pass that was tipped and went off his leg and there was another where I think he was trying to make a play because the play clock was running out.  He made all three shots -- which were tough ones -- and played good defense.

You missed the period -- he's saying good performance for Galloway.

Bet Painter already has a plan to get in Johnson’s head. Dude can’t control his emotions.
I don't recall another IU player that was such a head case. I'm sure there have been some but I can't recall any.

13 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

14 -- X had 5, Galloway 4, no one else had more than 1

Watch Phin pound the air out of the ball or watch X turn it over. Tough choice. I *think* I go with X because he can occasionally take it to the rim and finish. Also anyone that has coached or been coached has probably heard the “errors of omission vs errors of commission” spiel which X embodies. But damn if he doesn’t take it so far sometimes that you have to wonder if it’s even worth it. 

If this team had a top 5 in the B1G level pg it would be a consistent top 25 team and a 4/5 seed in the tourney. So frustrating to watch X and Phin struggle out there. 

I would say nice win but that would not be true. We tried to give that game to Nebraska.  I have no confidence that our point guard play will improve.  X spent more time dusting the floor and Phinesee was trying his best to dribble the air out of the ball.  Those two should never see the floor the rest of the season, if I were the coach.  

TJD was awesome until he got hurt.  I sure hope he can play in our next game or we won’t have a chance.  I can’t for the life of me figure out why he can’t hit free throws.

JG earned more minutes!  He played great.

Galloway played decent.

Race was good

As bad as Durr has been, I can't help but think he's gonna need to pick up some key minutes Thursday. 

The thought of Race and Trayce banging for 35-40 minutes with Williams and Edey is frightening. That's a lot of beef right there. 

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

As bad as Durr has been, I can't help but think he's gonna need to pick up some key minutes Thursday. 

The thought of Race and Trayce banging for 35-40 minutes with Williams and Edey is frightening. That's a lot of beef right there. 

Good Gawd no. Please let’s let Race deal with Williams for awhile when Trayce isn’t in the game

3 minutes ago, str8baller said:

Watch Phin pound the air out of the ball or watch X turn it over. Tough choice. I *think* I go with X because he can occasionally take it to the rim and finish. Also anyone that has coached or been coached has probably heard the “errors of omission vs errors of commission” spiel which X embodies. But damn if he doesn’t take it so far sometimes that you have to wonder if it’s even worth it. 

If this team had a top 5 in the B1G level pg it would be a consistent top 25 team and a 4/5 seed in the tourney. So frustrating to watch X and Phin struggle out there. 

Honestly I think they would contend for top team in the conference if this were the case.  Everything else is there. 

Just now, str8baller said:

Very much agree we could be a much stronger team with top flight point guard play. Rob and X together have played well at times, but yeah our point guard play needs to continue to improve. I love Rob's D, and there are times when he's locked in and we see the kid we saw as a frosh before the concussions. X needs to learn to reign in the fire, avoid the attempts at flashy plays, and run more inside-out, but he does bring it, now if they can just settle down into more consistent, solid play.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Good Gawd no. Please let’s let Race deal with Williams for awhile when Trayce isn’t in the game

Maybe try to fight beef with athleticism and use Geronimo some? I’m afraid he’ll have 5 fouls before Raphael Davis can Google his first name though. 

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

I don't recall another IU player that was such a head case. I'm sure there have been some but I can't recall any.

I’ve been watching IU basketball for 46 years and there hasn’t been any. I would say Landon Turner was in his early years but not near X, not even close