Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Lineup Changes?

Galloway played a lot of PG for CMA - I wonder if he'd get thrown there at all. I still think X with Phin behind him if fine - there are larger issues such as getting open looks for Parker and Kopp and some movement when the ball goes into TJD, personally, but Trey coming back could be a boost. Not enough perhaps, but a lift of sorts

Starting Phinisee means walking the ball up the court at a sloths pace, over dribbling outside the arc without purpose, not being able to get his teammates nor himself to spread the floor, not being a great passer, not being a good 3 point shooter, mid-range shooter nor able to make his layups.
it means losing and losing in a slow paced paper cut type death way

If only we’d taken James Akinjo when it seemed down to Phin vs Akinjo. Although Arch would have probably broken him and he’d be multipleeee transferred anyway.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

If only we’d taken James Akinjo when it seemed down to Phin vs Akinjo. Although Arch would have probably broken him and he’d be multipleeee transferred anyway.

He has been with 3 teams in 3 years so there is some problems with him.

14 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Leal’s not a point guard, and he’s a frosh, would be a terrible move but won’t happen anyway 

What does Phinisee do better than Leal on offense? Honestly

and he’s a sophomore not that that matters

Leal had 2 solid games. He’s been zero impact since. Not hitting his threes. Besides playing smart and hustling he’s offering nothing recently. I’m not advocating for Phin either. He can’t shoot and misses a ton of layups. Pounds the ball, etc…. Give Lander minutes? Trade for Johnny Davis? I say give Bates a ton of minutes that would go to Leal or Phin.

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Leal had 2 solid games. He’s been zero impact since. Not hitting his threes. Besides playing smart and hustling he’s offering nothing recently. I’m not advocating for Phin either. He can’t shoot and misses a ton of layups. Pounds the ball, etc…. Give Lander minutes? Trade for Johnny Davis? I say give Bates a ton of minutes that would go to Leal or Phin.

Yes! Trade for Johnny Davis!

How would that work, cause I’m all in.

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Phin is better than Leal at driving, ball handling, and getting an end of shot clock shot off.

Leal’s best quality is keeping the ball moving—something we desperately need.

3 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

What makes Phinisee a point guard? Just because that is what is next to his name? He doesn’t do anything that Leal can’t.

And Johnson should be playing 30+ so it would be a very limited window where we didn’t have someone on the court that doesn’t have “pg” next to their name

Phin has been playing really well as of late.  If anything he is deserving of more minutes.  

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Ouch

Keegan Murray was the 64th rated SF according to the composite 247 rated somewhere in the 300’s.  IU has the 22nd rated SF from that class on the roster.   There are players everywhere. You just got to have a staff that can identify where the players are 

10 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

Phin has been playing really well as of late.  If anything he is deserving of more minutes.  

Really well? That's a really far stretch. He's been playing better. He's been playing at the level you'd want out of a backup PG on a Big 1.o roster. If only we had a starting PG that played at a Big 1.o level to play in front of him.

I really like some of the stuff that he does, he typically gets up into his defender and rebounds well from the pg position. I don't like that he stops ball movement too often on offense. If he was able to swing or dribble drive to hit open (theoretically speaking as we struggle to get open) players for clean looks I'd be a lot happier with his play.

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Keegan Murray was the 64th rated SF according to the composite 247 rated somewhere in the 300’s.  IU has the 22nd rated SF from that class on the roster.   There are players everywhere. You just got to have a staff that can identify where the players are 

And the desire to develop and/or be developed.

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Really well? That's a really far stretch. He's been playing better. He's been playing at the level you'd want out of a backup PG on a Big 1.o roster. If only we had a starting PG that played at a Big 1.o level to play in front of him.

I really like some of the stuff that he does, he typically gets up into his defender and rebounds well from the pg position. I don't like that he stops ball movement too often on offense. If he was able to swing or dribble drive to hit open (theoretically speaking as we struggle to get open) players for clean looks I'd be a lot happier with his play.

How do you like him as a sg on offense and a pg on defense? I like that better.

Pair him with X or Galloway and that’s what we get. 

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

How do you like him as a sg on offense and a pg on defense? I like that better.

Pair him with X or Galloway and that’s what we get. 

I haven't seen enough of him with Galloway running the point to make a call on that. I don't mind him off ball on offense with X running things if he moves the ball. I would like for him to get rid of that little step back three too. That's not a good shot for him and he takes it at too high of a rate.

Watch what PSU did on offense. They attempted a dribble drive to get a help defender then passed it with their teammate already moving towards the rim. We failed to get back in front before they either drove or kicked it to the next player for a clean look. X, Phin, Bates, Galloway, and even possibly Stewart should be doing that. Instead, we stand and pass it around. The defense doesn't really have to move and lacks opportunity for better shots.

Starting 5 wise... I'd try X, Leal, Bates, Race and TJD. Maybe coming off the bench will wake up Stewart and/or Kopp. Maybe not. 
Im going with Bates, Kopp, Stewart, race, and TJD. Bates at the point over x would give Kopp and Stewart more room because they would have to guard Bates

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

I would like to see some offensive changes more than lineup changes.  If we are not going to run an offense that gets Parker more looks then he has no value.  He has one great skill but it’s not showing up right now.  He has a skill all teams covet but it’s not being used.  If that doesn’t change then he might as well not be playing.

I would like to see some offensive changes more than lineup changes.  If we are not going to run an offense that gets Parker more looks then he has no value.  He has one great skill but it’s not showing up right now.  He has a skill all teams covet but it’s not being used.  If that doesn’t change then he might as well not be playing.
When your point guards cant shoot they don't need to be guarded which leaves an extra guy to float and take space away from Kopp and Stewart. I would think that moving Bates over x would give us someone that the defense couldn't just leave open. We especially can't have a lineup with x and Rob on the court at the same time like we had at the end of the penn state game. They need to take rob down to
Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk