Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Lineup Changes?

20 minutes ago, maharkn said:

When your point guards cant shoot they don't need to be guarded which leaves an extra guy to float and take space away from Kopp and Stewart. I would think that moving Bates over x would give us someone that the defense couldn't just leave open. We especially can't have a lineup with x and Rob on the court at the same time like we had at the end of the penn state game. They need to take rob down to
Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

That’s the problem when you have a 6’1 shooting guard who can’t shoot. You don’t want Phinisee as your point guard out there because he can’t shoot, so the best lineup for him is alongside Xavier. However, you don’t want him alongside Xavier because then neither of your guards is a threat from outside. 

That’s the problem when you have a 6’1 shooting guard who can’t shoot. You don’t want Phinisee as your point guard out there because he can’t shoot, so the best lineup for him is alongside Xavier. However, you don’t want him alongside Xavier because then neither of your guards is a threat from outside. 
I like bates there but I wouldn't mind Galloway starting there because of his ball IQ. He can't really shoot either but better than x and Rob but has shown he can make plays and play defense

45 minutes ago, maharkn said:

When your point guards cant shoot they don't need to be guarded which leaves an extra guy to float and take space away from Kopp and Stewart. I would think that moving Bates over x would give us someone that the defense couldn't just leave open. We especially can't have a lineup with x and Rob on the court at the same time like we had at the end of the penn state game. They need to take rob down to

Other than X currently being better than Bates at:

• FG % (44.2% to 41.7%)
  • 3pt FG % (36% to 33%)
  • A/TO rate (Almost 2/1 versus 0.6/1)

I completely agree.    

;)

27 minutes ago, maharkn said:

I like bates there but I wouldn't mind Galloway starting there because of his ball IQ. He can't really shoot either but better than x and Rob but has shown he can make plays and play defense

Bates only playing 6 minutes against PSU was odd to me. He’s the ideal guy at the 2 next to X with both his size and his shooting. I’m not the biggest Galloway fan but he does have some playmaking ability and he plays hard. 

Bates only playing 6 minutes against PSU was odd to me. He’s the ideal guy at the 2 next to X with both his size and his shooting. I’m not the biggest Galloway fan but he does have some playmaking ability and he plays hard. 
Galloway kind of reminds me of Sheehey never know what you are gonna get each possession but is going to play hard

• FG % (44.2% to 41.7%)
  • 3pt FG % (36% to 33%)
I completely agree.    
;)
I think bates would be better playing with the 1st unit since the second unit doesn't have much movement and it's more one on one. I would say his averages would go up with catch and shoot over having to shoot off the bounce

Just now, maharkn said:

I think bates would be better playing with the 1st unit since the second unit doesn't have much movement and it's more one on one. I would say his averages would go up with catch and shoot over having to shoot off the bounce

Every guard that plays with Race and Trayce has better numbers. It drags Phin down too. 

44 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

He's missed a lot of practice time recently due to some personal issues. He didn't play well in the first half. I don't think it will be something that will happen in the future but he does have a lot on his plate right now

2 hours ago, maharkn said:

Im going with Bates, Kopp, Stewart, race, and TJD. Bates at the point over x would give Kopp and Stewart more room because they would have to guard Bates

Are you talking about against OSU? What Jamari Wheeler would do to Bates shouldn’t happen to a dog. You’d be lucky to ever get into a set.

59 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

• FG % (44.2% to 41.7%)
  • 3pt FG % (36% to 33%)

I completely agree.    

;)

In fairness those 3-point percentages are misleading. Bates earlier was plus 40, he’s way better than a 33 percent shooter, and i would bet big money X’s percentages will drop. His form is whack, I don’t ser a 36 percent shooter in X (and not meaning to knock him, there’s a lot about him I like). 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

When Chris says he has a lot going on and some personal matters.   Tamar is going to be a dad. Tamar posted it on his Instagram account around Christmas 

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

When Chris says he has a lot going on and some personal matters.   Tamar is going to be a dad. Tamar posted it on his Instagram account around Christmas 

Well that certainly is a lot. I remember him having a death in the family but didn’t know about the pregnancy. 

Are you talking about against OSU? What Jamari Wheeler would do to Bates shouldn’t happen to a dog. You’d be lucky to ever get into a set.
With his potential its better to learn how to handle it now. X doesn't bring much to the table other then the occasional good defense. If he has trouble handling it Kopp or Stewart can bring the ball up the court. If Galloway was back and would say him instead of x but idk if he will be. X and Rob just haven't showed that that they need to be out there playing big minutes.

6 minutes ago, maharkn said:

With his potential its better to learn how to handle it now. X doesn't bring much to the table other then the occasional good defense. If he has trouble handling it Kopp or Stewart can bring the ball up the court. If Galloway was back and would say him instead of x but idk if he will be. X and Rob just haven't showed that that they need to be out there playing big minutes.

Are you the guy that is always pining for the backup quarterback on a football team?

Jus' wondering.

Are you the guy that is always pining for the backup quarterback on a football team?
Jus' wondering.
Nope. Just believe if it's not working make a change. The guards should have been rotated into the starters. X might play better as an alpha scorer on the second unit.

Does X have a problem with pressure? I think the majority of his mistakes this season have been from the Ferrari motor without a steering wheel rather than from ball pressure. X is on down the list of issues on this team, imho. I'd love for him to get in the lane to distribute more but with our offense it seems he needs to concentrate more on the entry pass and stand. He's hit a few from deep from a kickout pass from TJD though.