Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Lineup Changes?

6 minutes ago, Southside said:

I'm still pretty meh on Kopp as a starter.... 

That's about it... Either get him more 3 attempts, or reduce his minutes. His FT% is great, which I love, but he doesn't get fouled enough for that to matter. He's poor to mediocre in every other stat category aside from 3pt and FT... 

I don’t see how Gallloway wouldn’t strengthen the starters. Better D, much better to the rim, moves without the ball better, assists well, more active generally, quicker, and one of our top performers statistically on both sides of the ball. Kopp’s a good 3-point shooter, but he’s not scoring very well on a per minute basis, doesn’t take many 3’s, and he doesn’t do much on the glass or get to the rim well. His D is ok, but not strong. 

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don’t see how Gallloway wouldn’t strengthen the starters. Better D, much better to the rim, moves without the ball better, assists well, more active generally, quicker, and one of our top performers statistically on both sides of the ball. Kopp’s a good 3-point shooter, but he’s not scoring very well on a per minute basis, doesn’t take many 3’s, and he doesn’t do much on the glass or get to the rim well. His D is ok, but not strong. 

Agree with all of that. 

I'm over simplifying, but I'd just prefer more combined minutes from Galloway, Bates, and Geronimo, and less from Kopp. 

I'd be fine with Kopp is he took, and made more 3s, but just not sure that's in the cards. Not sure if it's scheme, or him simply not moving great off the ball to open up. 

5 hours ago, Southside said:

Agree with all of that. 

I'm over simplifying, but I'd just prefer more combined minutes from Galloway, Bates, and Geronimo, and less from Kopp. 

I'd be fine with Kopp is he took, and made more 3s, but just not sure that's in the cards. Not sure if it's scheme, or him simply not moving great off the ball to open up. 

We're deep into the season but I'm wondering what Kopp would look like against some of the smaller 4's in the league. He just doesn't have the foot speed or ability to stay with his man too often. Could we find favorable matchups to get him minutes coming off the bench or have him as the 4 with Race as the 5 in small ball lineups?

Kopp isn't even hitting that great of a % from deep in conference games. An (un)educated guess would be scheme, ability to get free, and taking a good shot vs. bad shot. He knocked down a three in the second half against PSU and then it looked like he was going into gunner mode. His eFG% and TS% are not what they should be as a shooter on a team with other weapons.

10 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

We're deep into the season but I'm wondering what Kopp would look like against some of the smaller 4's in the league. He just doesn't have the foot speed or ability to stay with his man too often. Could we find favorable matchups to get him minutes coming off the bench or have him as the 4 with Race as the 5 in small ball lineups?

Kopp isn't even hitting that great of a % from deep in conference games. An (un)educated guess would be scheme, ability to get free, and taking a good shot vs. bad shot. He knocked down a three in the second half against PSU and then it looked like he was going into gunner mode. His eFG% and TS% are not what they should be as a shooter on a team with other weapons.

Yup. That's pretty much my thought as well. I won't pretend my BB IQ is high enough to be critical of Woody's choices right now, but I'd just like to see some of the other guys get more minutes given the production in various areas. And production aside, I simply would like to see a few of the younger guys get the minutes for development purposes.  

4 hours ago, str8baller said:

He literally started it is 1-on-1. Lol….

He STATED many things, literally one-on-one was included in that. Also included in his post was "3-point ranger paint scheme."

Read his post and what he is arguing. It'll help.

When we've struggled this season, we dump it into TJD and stand there. That is 1-on-1 basketball that often times turns into 1-on-2 basketball. We have had long stretches during games where we go into a prevent offense shell. This typically ends badly with an "Archie-like" (gasp, please read again, Archie-LIKE, this is similar to Archie ball but differs) possession, whoever has the ball tries to create and heaves it at the end of the shot clock. The offense stagnates during these times and is SIMILAR to Archie ball. (read it again if you're unsure) This can be overcome by actually using movement in the offense AND, wait for it, playing through your AA post player. It's a crazy concept but you can actually do both AT the same time.

I would actually make an argument that the offense is better because of those 3-point rangers. They help with spacing. However, we have plenty of room for growth in our offense and that would include more movement. Crazy