Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

1 minute ago, Scot said:

NOWHERE did I say CTA couldn't recruit. This class is amazingly ranked between 18-14 depending what service is referenced.  That said, this, and everyone of his 'classes' have been defense heavy, which is fine. That's Allen's comfort zone. I'll get to the point on this portal thing.  Part of what a new OC SHOULD bring to the program is a bit of recruiting gravitas.  So far it's all been negative. If you're a kid leaving Oregon, Texas, USC, Baylor,..even Incarnate Word,....how excited are you about going to play under Walt Bell at Mass, just fired with a 2-10 record (and IU for that matter with ZERO conference wins?

Throughout the entire history of IUFB I don't know of any OC that has accomplished a level of recruitment of what you asking Bell to do. I could be wrong though. I mean what QB has ever transferred into IUFB from schools you're talking about here? With the exception of Baylor and the current 4* transfer out of Incarnate Word, QBs that commit, transfer out or into those schools are typically 4-5* recruits.  They commit to those schools with high expectations at a level us IUFB faithful have never experienced. Like Heisman thoughts and what not. Well, to be fair, we did experience a taste of it last season and the start of 2021. And maybe a brief stint in the late 80s. But not at a consistent level. 

Just now, Scot said:

Leb, You're right, who knows?  But the fact that a 6 year backup might be the hope of the program going forward,..well, like you said, who knows?

The thrust of my original,post was simply this,..there are/have been about 8, maybe 9 desireable QB's wanting to go elsewhere.  That group is now depleted.  Every school that wanted one had a 'shot'.

I'm not sure where I said I was putting all my eggs in one basket with one position but whatever.  I understand what you're saying about getting a desirable QB out of the portal but most of us are saying IUFB is what it is and looking at this whole process through a different perspective might be something of value.  

1 hour ago, Scot said:

Well actually it is on YOU.  You brought up McCauley.  I didn't say he couldn't play.  McCauley played last year.  Allen said 3 days ago, like 72 hours,...that his #1 priority was to get a top current collegiate decommit AND a HS QB to add to the depth.  Don't bother me again.  You waste my time. I comment to be constructive not to anger people and surely not to make friends.

Lol. Interesting approach if that's your goal. There's a mute button for people you consider a waste of time. It's a great tool for people who can't handle being wrong. You're obviously confused about who you're responding to b/c I never brought up McCulley. 

Like I said, 'QB practice fodder'.  A non rated by one service, 2* by another, Reece Lozano from Bloomington North.  Rated 272nd QB in country #58 in state.  1 offer.  Indiana State. 

26 minutes ago, Scot said:

Like I said, 'QB practice fodder'.  A non rated by one service, 2* by another, Reece Lozano from Bloomington North.  Rated 272nd QB in country #58 in state.  1 offer.  Indiana State. 

Now you are criticizing the quality of our walk-ons?

Hahahahahahaha. (it's gotten old)

1 hour ago, Scot said:

And you're rated a 2* by btown banners service. 

tells me all I need to know about you

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

1 offer. The Rivals board. 

Rumor has it he will be entering the poster portal and transferring to the rivals board soon.

Coming to the realization that he isn't bonding with his BtownBanners teammates, and would be a natural fit for the rivals board style of play. 

29 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

I'll miss you here on Christmas Eve while you're outside booing Santa Claus.

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

That's the BTB spirit! If we don't agree... pile on!

Go find another home, we don't like your dissenting opinion and the way you dismiss us so we're going to pile on until you're gone!!

4 hours ago, Scot said:

I can't believe I'm posting this to explain.. this kid is a PWO. Shew. 

5 hours ago, Scot said:

Actually, it’s a near miss for CTA. I’ve heard #259 is a freaking gunslinger.

7 hours ago, Scot said:

He is a walk on so who cares about rankings

10 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Missouri starting quarterback Connor Bazelak enters the portal.  Was a redshirt sophomore.  SEC Co-freshman of the year in 2020.  Completed 65% of his passes last year for 2548 yards, 16 TD, 11 INT.  Has okay numbers but in context of him playing against superior SEC teams, not bad.

Seems like this should be a love connection.

Awaiting news on this one