Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

19 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Been curious about his name for a while, but never had the desire to go look it up til now. Its origin is from Laos and is pronounced Puma-Chon according to Clemson's website.

Very intriguing prospect.  I like it.

What could go wrong with a Laoatian in rural America?  

26 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I'm a bit in the dark due to not paying attention, but are all players in the portal eligible immediately? Is the portal expected to survive beyond Covid?

To my knowledge, the answer to both questions is yes.

36 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I'm a bit in the dark due to not paying attention, but are all players in the portal eligible immediately? Is the portal expected to survive beyond Covid?

Yeah free agency is officially here. Everyone gets to transfer one time without penalty and the portal started before Covid and is very much here to stay. It'll look like this every year, for better or worse.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

Crazy to think we're still here in 2022 but yup, Btown is surrounded with a lot of this.

I'd throw out a somewhat educated guess that Clemson isn't a whole lot different.

22 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I'd throw out a somewhat educated guess that Clemson isn't a whole lot different.

I'm sure there are plenty of other places like that, sad all around. I guess if you're going to be proud of being backwards... ???

I believe I read where the Texas A&M quarterback is visiting this weekend also. He's visiting both Auburn and IU. Zach Calzada I believe. I don't know anything about any of the QB's but we need someone. 
Calzada would be my choice being he beat Bama which shows he can win big games

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah free agency is officially here. Everyone gets to transfer one time without penalty and the portal started before Covid and is very much here to stay. It'll look like this every year, for better or worse.

Thank you.  "One time" there does appear to be some restrictions in that case. All for more player freedom, but not sure even I could get on board with players transferring every year until they find a place that they will play

4 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Thank you.  "One time" there does appear to be some restrictions in that case. All for more player freedom, but not sure even I could get on board with players transferring every year until they find a place that they will play

I'm sure there's still a waiver process for guys that transfer more than once. It's so new that I'm not sure if anyone has even had a chance to transfer twice yet, so who knows how the NCAA will handle it...I know the NCAA sure doesn't.

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I believe I read where the Texas A&M quarterback is visiting this weekend also. He's visiting both Auburn and IU. Zach Calzada I believe. I don't know anything about any of the QB's but we need someone. 

Bazelak from Mizzou is a guy I'd mentioned a couple of weeks ago:

Missouri starting quarterback Connor Bazelak enters the portal.  Was a redshirt sophomore.  SEC Co-freshman of the year in 2020.  Completed 65% of his passes last year for 2548 yards, 16 TD, 11 INT.  Has okay numbers but in context of him playing against superior SEC teams, not bad.

------------------

He's drop back type of QB -- don't expect him to do much with his legs.  Good size (6'3", 212).  Originally from Dayton.  More of an underneath type of passer -- high completion, short yardage. 66% completion in his career at Missouri on 722 passes, but just over an average of 10 yards per completion.  TD/INT ratio not what you want at 23/17....from what I've read he can tend to force some throws.  Mizzou fans seemed to like him, just felt that he was ultra competitive and often seemed to try to do too much.

Bazelak started 11 of 12 regular season games at Mizzou -- sounds like he dealt with a soft tissue injury fro the second half of the season.  Tyler Macon and Brady Cook split time in other game, a 43-6 loss to Georgia.  Bazelak didn't start their bowl game against Army (Mizzou was 6-6 in the regular season), a game they lost 24-22.  I don't which came first -- Bazelak deciding to transfer or him getting benched unexpectedly for the bowl game -- but it sounds like he was not seeing eye-to-eye with the head coach and Bazelak indicated he had been considering transferring for several weeks but that he wanted to wait until after the bowl game to enter the portal.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

And a second one also visiting. This one is a talented but unproven player -- much more of a running threat -- this time with three years eligibility remaining. Former #216 composite ranked player overall. Was #2 at Clemson last year. Would have been behind the incumbent and maybe an incoming five star if he stayed at Clemson.

Intriguing player

Looking at the few stats he's put up (he's gotten snaps the last three years), as a quarterback....he's been a pretty good running backs.  22 of 48 passes, 204 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 30 rushes for 150 yards.  Hard to tell much, though, because it's almost all been garbage time.

Looking at the few stats he's put up (he's gotten snaps the last three years), as a quarterback....he's been a pretty good running backs.  22 of 48 passes, 204 yards, 1 TD, 3 INTs, 30 rushes for 150 yards.  Hard to tell much, though, because it's almost all been garbage time.
His comp coming out of high school was Lamar Jackson

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

It will be here in some capacity but expect the total chaos we are seeing right now to be reeled in a bit.

2 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

He has to have a nickname right?