Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

IUFB Offseason/Transfer Portal News

51 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Disagree with pretty much everything here to be honest. He made plays on balls that won us the bucket in 2020 and won the Wisconsin game last year just off the top of my head and was constantly in the backfield in run support. Find me a guy behind him on our roster that can replace what Reese did here and I’ll be quiet, but he’s being massively undervalued right now. 

Not wading into this argument except to say we didn’t win the Bucket in 2020. Didn’t lose it either. COVID won. LOL!

8 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Not wading into this argument except to say we didn’t win the Bucket in 2020. Didn’t lose it either. COVID won. LOL!

Lol good catch. He probably would've made a big play last year too though, because he's a pretty good player!

1 hour ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

We’ll be fine. Relax. 

Famous last words of the Indiana football program. 

Kidding.  

After last season, I don’t think even the most optimistic of the optimists will have high expectations for a season or 2. 

IUFB has never been something to take seriously.  Watch with low expectations, it’s fun.

I just wish I could translate that mindset to the IUBB program.  

22 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Casey Thompson (University of Texas) hits the transfer portal.

Started 10 games for the Longhorns.  Decent numbers:  165/261 (63%), 2,113 yards, 24 touchdowns, 9 interceptions.

Would REALLY like to see us try to bring him in.

Off the market......committed to TCU within a day of hitting the portal.

28 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

So South Carolina gets Rattler and then Bailey commits to them.

TCU gets Hoover to flip and then also lands Thompson.

Can’t see Hoover beating out Thompson.  Thompson was really given the shaft at Texas…..prior to the last game of the year his coach told the media they would be ‘reopening the quarterback competition’ in the offseason.

16 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

Can’t see Hoover beating out Thompson.  Thompson was really given the shaft at Texas…..prior to the last game of the year his coach told the media they would be ‘reopening the quarterback competition’ in the offseason.

Whys that the shaft? Didn't they have a poor record?