Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: vs. Eastern Michigan 11/9 - 6 pm - BTN

Just now, pumpfake said:

Woodson post-game:

Liked 1st half defense

thought we "got comfortable" when up by 20

Said we made plays down the stretch (" made our FTs" ???)

Thought we were quick shooting the ball

Gives the team a "C" for the game

A "C" huh?  Nothing like mediocrity...

Only those of us with deep pockets will “see” anything. Friggin’ B1G+. 
Thought about paying the $. I'll spend it on miscellaneous crap at a gas station over a couple weeks instead.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I would have liked to have abandoned the three midway second half before lead totally evaporated and worked low and drove more to get fouled

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We have to learn to shoot the 3.  We can beat max teams without it but we need it in our arsenal 

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

I would have liked to have abandoned the three midway second half before lead totally evaporated and worked low and drove more to get fouled

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Our % shooting free throws not much better  however!

Thought about paying the $. I'll spend it on miscellaneous crap at a gas station over a couple weeks instead.

This is what the last 5+ years of IU basketball has done to me. I'm scared

Part of early season games like this is you get a decent size lead and then start trying to get other aspects of your offense working.  Up 20, we stopped going to TJD and tried to get other guys involved.  We probably could have gotten TJD 20 shots/10 free throws if the concentration of getting the ball to him was there.  Often when you go outside your offense to get guys involved, you don't get the best looks.  We aren't a good shooting perimeter team, but we really aren't good when they aren't in the normal offense.  Nearly cost us the game.  Can't put that all on anyone because part of these early games are to see what you have and what is going to work.

3 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Okay, moneybags. 

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

We have to learn to shoot the 3.  We can beat max teams without it but we need it in our arsenal 

Yeah, kind of what I was trying to say.  We forced some threes, but the thought behind it is to get our guys some perimeters shots.  Perimeter shots in practice just aren't the same.  Not pretty, but in the end we got the win and know what needs work.

It seems like we lacked energy the 2nd half!  Going 4-24 from 3-point range and 12-20 from the free throw line won’t win many games, but it is only one game that we won and I am curious to see how CMW uses this game as a teaching moment for the next game!

Edited by IUFAN1976