Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PG Jalen Haralson to Notre Dame

2 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Burton would likely leave if JH commits IMO.  

I guess that's possible, but it's pure speculation. My point is that if Haralson wants to play PG, both IU and ND are in the same boat with good sophomore PGs who you'd expect to still be around when Haralson arrives.

1 hour ago, Shooter said:

I guess that's possible, but it's pure speculation. My point is that if Haralson wants to play PG, both IU and ND are in the same boat with good sophomore PGs who you'd expect to still be around when Haralson arrives.

And is Shrews really about to let what should be a very good 4 year player walk for a year of Haralson? 

28 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

On3 uses social media + trending sites for predictions and they haven’t been terribly accurate.  Everything keeps evolving and social media means probably less than it did even a year ago

Kids know people are looking at their social media.  Anyone really wanting things to be a surprise isn't letting the cat out of the bag that way.

4 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

I think so.  He needs some big fish.

FWIW, Burton isn't just a guy on that team.  He was their best player last year and he was just a freshman.  And it's not that Burton and Haralson can't play together, it's just if they did I'm not sure it would work that well if Burton played the 2 on offense.  

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

A lot of teams struggled with that Cuse 2/3 zone that year.    They finished the year with the Ken Pom 6th best defense in the country.    

Cuse got a 4 seed that year  but was 9th in  KenPom.    That team was really good 

Yea people forget that team had Michael Carter-Williams, CJ Fair(who I liked watching for some reason), Brandon Triche, Rakeem Christmas, a freshman Jerami Grant, James Southerland. Team was very good. They'd probably be a 1 seed in 2024.

1 minute ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea people forget that team had Michael Carter-Williams, CJ Fair(who I liked watching for some reason), Brandon Triche, Rakeem Christmas, a freshman Jerami Grant, James Southerland. Team was very good. They'd probably be a 1 seed in 2024.

Long guards versus short ones, one of which was not 100%. 

RTZ saying Carl Cook maybe saved the day with a last minute bag.
I hope this isn't true. Hopefully when a kid says he is going to announce his decision he has already decided where he is going. The thought of sitting around the day of while people are making offers is disgusting to me lol. Different times I know but geez

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Just now, coonhounds said:

I hope this isn't true. Hopefully when a kid says he is going to announce his decision he has already decided where he is going. The thought of sitting around the day of while people are making offers is disgusting to me lol. Different times I know but geez

Lmao that’s not the way things work anymore. I get your point but those days are over in some cases.

28 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

They were a top 10 team all season until Feb 23 and were high as 3.   Never fell below the top 20.   That’s a tough 4 seed draw.   

Hopefully JH picks IU 

6 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

You should hear the stories about recruiting in SEC football.