Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m keep hearing he is still in play. Why have we not hired someone? He’s the only coach we would pay 10 million buyout for. There was interest on both sides. We’re offering 7 million for 7 years. If he is successful he gets another 10-15 years that’s over 150 million in income. NBA is fun but come on.

Appreciate this, personally, as my optimism was waning.

We probably know something soon. Other interesting candidates will lose, dominoes will fall (Beard to Texas?), and even if not next week, probably within two, as the F4 will be over 

By the way, just looking at schedules, Sunday or next Saturday always made more sense to me.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I’m keep hearing he is still in play. Why have we not hired someone? He’s the only coach we would pay 10 million buyout for. There was interest on both sides. We’re offering 7 million for 7 years. If he is successful he gets another 10-15 years that’s over 150 million in income. NBA is fun but come on.

I have to think something is going on. Not saying it's Brad but if it was an IU guy, Beilein, or Matta they are hired right now. Considering all that is going on with the movement you'd like to have your coach as soon as possible. I have think it could be Brad OR a current P5 coach. Porter Moser just doesn't add up. 

1 minute ago, akinnaird24 said:

Told tonight it would be a “miracle” for Stevens to come now, and Woodson is a strong possibility. Hope they’re wrong. Come home, Brad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nooooo that doesn’t make me happy at all. You probably heard it would be a miracle if he didn’t come and Woodson is a strong possibility to coach Boston 

Just now, ap2345 said:

I’d expect an IU release like they did with Archie. That said we’ll see why happens if anything. Maybe we wait another week but hopefully not. 

Believe Woj had the Archie news at lunch time on a Saturday? This and another tweet about a 7 year contract eleven minutes apart. 

Just now, lillurk said:

Believe Woj had the Archie news at lunch time on a Saturday? This and another tweet about a 7 year contract eleven minutes apart. 

Yeah you’re right 

Just now, SteelerHoosier said:

Treesh has info? I thought he was always just joking around about stuff lol

He was hinting at something earlier but I wasn’t sure if he was being serious or not