Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Candidate Thread: Brad Stevens (Boston Celtics)

Just now, lillurk said:

Sure, that’s fine. The only insider or journalist I saw really push Donovan was Justin Albers. I’ve been around here awhile and have an idea who to trust, but I also think the insiders here have been pretty transparent.

Seems like these insiders on these boards has been wrong more than right the last couple of years when it comes to recruiting.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Smith is no way near a 5 star player

Yea, making him the number 1 target, no offense to the kid, but this information may be the hardest detail in this entire thread to believe.  

Edited by Mike McCoy

Just now, Chris007 said:

I was told a better Jordan Hulls. I’ve never seen the kid play. Him & Gunn plus whoever is a good start 

I have only watched a couple on TV and would like him to go to IU.  He reminds me of Aaron Craft from OSU but a better shooter.

1 minute ago, Mike McCoy said:

Yea, making him the number 1 target, no offense to the kid, but this information may be the hardest detail in this entire thread to believe.  

Sometimes your #1 target is a guy you think you can get, not necessarily the best player you’re targeting.

(also...how many kids are told they’re the #1 target?)

32 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I can’t answer that. I did hear we told Brayden Smith that he’s our number 1 target this summer and we’re 90% sure Brad Stevens will be the next coach. Not sure why would say that so don’t ask.

Wait what??? That’s a new one! Who told Siri that? 

That’s was supposed to be Smith.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I was told a better Jordan Hulls. I’ve never seen the kid play. Him & Gunn plus whoever is a good start 

FWIW there was a guy from Westfield over on ITH ranting and raving for months about Braden and him being completely overlooked due to his height, this was a while ago, but I instantly remembered the name because of it.

20 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

If it wasn’t a raise that made Stevens go quiet, I would guess there is some contract obligation, where he couldn’t leave. Also, I agree with Spe about his kids not wanting to leaving in the middle semester and waiting until like May/June.

He is a multimillionaire whose job requires him to be away from home quite a bit.  The kids could finish out the school year whether he had the job or not.  Can coaches even personally meet with kids yet?  

I don't think his kids schooling would be holding them back for a few weeks.  If this thing had any legs.

Just now, Chris007 said:

Roberts. Smith’s dad was bragging to some boosters. I have receipts for this one 

That sounds like his dad from what I’ve heard. We’ve played Westfield the last few years so I know the kid pretty well.

7 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Sometimes your #1 target is a guy you think you can get, not necessarily the best player you’re targeting.

(also...how many kids are told they’re the #1 target?)

Several kids get told that to make them feel good. It does in fact happen.

2 hours ago, IU Prof said:

Fair enough, I misunderstood, sorry! Still skeptical, because there is no apparent reason to delay the announcement this long. But happy to be wrong!

But what on earth would be the point of having Isiah at that meeting if no Brad?

Stevens has been answering this question in every press conference—he believes it’s his job to honor his commitment to his team and not leave in the middle of a season. His words, not mine. But you’re correct... hard to imagine this literally lasting until June. At least not without everyone figuring it out post-tournament.