Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

55 minutes ago, LookatthestonesonDolson said:

Although still a “Purdue jockstrap”...

Chris Beard?  Sense he may have already had some of his best years.  He would scare me as a possible miss.  Yes, he has had a nice run in the tourney, but does not seem to have parlayed that into recruiting momentum with sustaining strength.  They are a rather average 17-10 this season.  Tough conference, but still.  Stumbled down the stretch, too. 

Although not popular, I would be disappointed with Beard.  

That's kind of my take on Beard, as well. Plus, I've read from people that have watched way more of TT than I have that his offense isn't great. I think he's be an upgrade from Miller (not hard) but I don't know if he is the answer that would have everyone happy in 5 years or so.

2 minutes ago, Evariste Galois said:

Additionally, I think Brad's salary in Boston is < 4 mill per year. If we offer a competitive offer it will be significantly over 4 mil per year. Given the current situation in Boston, there is no way the Celtics could justify giving Brad a huge increase in salary with the fans (they are talking about getting rid of him...)

93F8A194-22EB-4EEF-9549-42850BD29BC1.jpeg

10 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

My dad has said this for years..he thinks the national media hates Indiana because of how Bob Knight was. He probably hurt their feelings long ago. A majority probably don't want to see Indiana win again. I bet Jay Bilas and Tim Brando are in that category. 

To my point, I saw Matt Glensek of the Indy Star essentially say the same thing. The national guys love to hate on Indiana. 

5 minutes ago, Treesh said:

Kirkwood would be shut down if Brad Stevens agreed to come home. 

Spoils would be had. 

Another fish would be stolen. 

COVID would vanish worldwide. 

Chris would order catering from Buffalouis for our tailgates and not from BWW. 

I don't ever do BW's

4 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

93F8A194-22EB-4EEF-9549-42850BD29BC1.jpeg

If the salary figures we have heard are true, he would have to be willing to make almost half to stay in Boston instead of moving back home (near his and more importantly his wife's family).

hmmmmmm....

Edit: I guess we have to beat an undisclosed figure...

Edited by Evariste Galois

5 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

What does this even mean? Can he give examples? I think we’d throw a parade on Kirkwood if we made the NCAA tournament. IUPD would be shooting off tear gas like it’s 2002. Expectations have never been lower.

I'm guessing that his comments are probably not so much about throwing a parade for making the tournament as they are about throwing tantrums after losses, complaining about coaches not winning big instantly at IU, and constantly clamoring for coaching changes. A possible example is that Holtmann reportedly had absolutely no interest in considering the IU position the last time around. Of course, he could be thinking of entirely different things. There's likely some truth to what he said, this fan base certainly has it's share of entitled people who lack perspective but Bilas is not the best source for those comments nor is his suggestion to hire an IU guy helpful. 

Expectations are currently low, however, they will almost certainly rebound to irrational levels in short order if an even reasonably decent hire is made.  

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That is not his current contract. He re-negotiated and extended it for "undisclosed terms."

Anyway, while he would be extremely well-paid at IU, he will not come for money. It will have to be primarily because he wants to return to the college game, and at IU.

Let's get back to you being in Boston for "business" tell us more. You sneaky SOB

13 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What is interesting about it? Imagine if Alabama football hires four posers in the post-Saban era and gets absolutely mediocre results the next 20+ years. Do you think the Alabama fanbase might be a little upset?

Having high expectations for a blue blood program is not "cannibalizing" the program.

easy there chief. I said it was interesting as in, i do not know what to think about it, especially from an outsiders point of view that usually seems to pretty knowledgeable. 

it is "interesting" that we had a debate about this on HSN and the vast majorities' opinion , im sure it was unbiased, was that the fan base hasnt done any harm to IU.