Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

General Coach Candidate News

5 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

We are getting absolutely trashed on social media for thinking we are getting a legit coach. I really hope we can shove it back in these peoples faces. 

I'm skeptical that we can get him, but Stevens could do that and then some. He's the one coach who could unquestionably make all those people sh*t their pants. I remember the day John Calipari was hired at UK. It felt like a shadow was creeping over the college basketball landscape. This would have a similar effect. 

4 minutes ago, mdiu28 said:

Why we need a massive hire. We (IU fans) are the only ones that view us as a blue blood. And everyone else isn't wrong - we've been ****

Agree, and this is why Archie needed to go now. If we'd given him another year and made the tourney as a 10 seed, we'd have people saying extend him because he made the tourney and that's an accomplishment for us now. 

What’re the chances Mark Few is willing to leave Gonzaga if the Zags go undefeated and win it all this year? Would hate for the streak to end but if it is the end of everything Few wants at Gonzaga I’d be ecstatic.

Just now, Bobman1 said:

What’re the chances Mark Few is willing to leave Gonzaga if the Zags go undefeated and win the natty this year? Would hate for the streak to end but if it is the end of everything Few wants at Gonzaga I’d be ecstatic.

.000000000000000000000000000000000001%

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Doesn't it feel different this time. 

Can't decide if the difference is that Dolson is a fool (spending $10M to sent Archie packing) or if he just has the stones that Glass never had... we should know the answer shortly...

Just now, Bobman1 said:

What’re the chances Mark Few is willing to leave Gonzaga if the Zags go undefeated and win it all this year? Would hate for the streak to end but if it is the end of everything Few wants at Gonzaga I’d be ecstatic.

None at all. That man has built a monster of a program.. Actually bought a Gonzaga sweatshirt back in 99. Loved watching their Cinderella run that year.

image.thumb.png.0b3adaf2189f17eb3405054deaa1ef84.png

4 minutes ago, Bobman1 said:

That, sir, is blasphemy. The IU streak can only be broken by another IU team.

Saw on here and on social media about the 4 p.m. presser, so I tuned in to the B1G Network. They're showing a retrospective of Illinois' 2005 run to the NCAA title game. 

I think it's some sorta weird karma. Our next coach will be ... Bruce Weber. 

Dolson can't resist the FIST! 

Just now, mdiu28 said:

Why we need a massive hire. We (IU fans) are the only ones that view us as a blue blood. And everyone else isn't wrong - we've been ****

Doesn’t matter who views us as a blue blood. We are a blue blood. Was Alabama no longer a blue blood before Saban? Indiana with the right coach, is immediately a national power brand. Look at who we’ve been able to recruit here while we were down. The Indiana name carries weight. Only thing missing has been a competent coach on the sidelines. 

To answer your question: 

This needs to be a massive hire for a few reasons. One being that we have botched the last 4 hires. Another being that we’ve already tried the lesser known and lesser accomplished guys, to no avail. Thirdly, and mainly  bc this job has evolved into perhaps the most pressure cooker job in America. It’s going to take the right guy who can handle the heat here and create momentum, then know what to do with it when the whistle blows. This program is at risk, more than ever, of losing a large portion of its fanbase to apathy. Time to stop dicking around and get a winner.