Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Dishon Jackson(6'11" center, Charlotte, 11.4 ppg, 6.rebounds) has committed to Iowa State.  IU had contacted him;  Jackson says he chose Iowa State over Xavier, Indiana, Miami and USC.

New to the portal:  

Drake guard Atin Wright.  6'1".  14.1 ppg, 2.1 reb, 1.9 ast.  46/41/82.  Made 65 threes on 160 attempts.  1 year of eligibility left.  First three years at Cal State Northridge.

Northern Kentucky guard Marques Warrick.  6'2".  19.9 ppg, 2.6 reb, 2.4 assists.  Shot 43/30/87, although over four years he shot 35% from three.  Four year starter at NKU, scored 2,246 career points -- all time leading scorer at Northern Kentucky.  Lexington native so I assume Kentucky will be in contact.

Two Xavier bigs -- Abou Ousmane, 6'10" post, and Sasa Ciani, 6'9" post from Slovenia.  Ousmane got the most run at center, averaging 21.5 minutes.  Mostly a rebound and D player, averaged 6.7 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks.  Ciani averaged 13 minutes, 2.5 points, and 2.9 rebounds but thought he was worth mentioning as the Xavier boards seemed to like his game.

12 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Big one that I think gets ignored was Gard's handling of him.  Gard was brutal to him in the press, early in the season saying that 'we don't have time for his struggles' and that Wisconsin was 'looking to achieve higher things this year'.  Think Gard tremendously overestimated the talent on his team.

Rumors are out there that A.J. Storr is looking to transfer again...if so, think that says a lot about Gard.

This 100% and it started his freshman season when he started playing big minutes and then hit the freshman wall (some say injury…i don’t know). The staff leaked an obvious hit piece to the press that made the front page. Not the front page of the sports page but the front page on the main paper for a metro area of 500k+. I could barely believe it. But that’s Gard for  you.  

I was surprised he came back. Much like ISP I think he wanted to go to IU but there was no interest so he came back, but that is a guess.  

Wisconsin was very guard heavy this year and with 4 other guards who were better at getting their own shot. And that’s mostly what it devolved into as the season wore on. Essegian is not great at creating his own shot. He can come off screens or be a spot up guy and would probably be one of the best shooters in the league in such a role.  

If May wants to grab him for that offense to knock down shots and create spacing, I think he’d excel there. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Drake guard Atin Wright.  6'1".  14.1 ppg, 2.1 reb, 1.9 ast.  46/41/82.  Made 65 threes on 160 attempts.  1 year of eligibility left.  First three years at Cal State Northridge

He was impressive in their tournament loss to Washington St, small for a 2 guard though. Have to think West Virginia is the early favorite. 

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Dishon Jackson(6'11" center, Charlotte, 11.4 ppg, 6.rebounds) has committed to Iowa State.  IU had contacted him;  Jackson says he chose Iowa State over Xavier, Indiana, Miami and USC.

New to the portal:  

Drake guard Atin Wright.  6'1".  14.1 ppg, 2.1 reb, 1.9 ast.  46/41/82.  Made 65 threes on 160 attempts.  1 year of eligibility left.  First three years at Cal State Northridge.

Northern Kentucky guard Marques Warrick.  6'2".  19.9 ppg, 2.6 reb, 2.4 assists.  Shot 43/30/87, although over four years he shot 35% from three.  Four year starter at NKU, scored 2,246 career points -- all time leading scorer at Northern Kentucky.  Lexington native so I assume Kentucky will be in contact.

Two Xavier bigs -- Abou Ousmane, 6'10" post, and Sasa Ciani, 6'9" post from Slovenia.  Ousmane got the most run at center, averaging 21.5 minutes.  Mostly a rebound and D player, averaged 6.7 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.2 blocks.  Ciani averaged 13 minutes, 2.5 points, and 2.9 rebounds but thought he was worth mentioning as the Xavier boards seemed to like his game.

Ousmane would be the perfect complimentary big off the bench that provides interior defense and rim protection. 

5 minutes ago, 68Hoosier said:

Strange situation.  I wander how the team and coaches will welcome him back.  

Probably with open arms.  I have to think no bridges were burned and Lewis was more than happy to have a big man back that will make an immediate impact.  

18 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

Probably with open arms.  I have to think no bridges were burned and Lewis was more than happy to have a big man back that will make an immediate impact.  

Yeah, it's an easy to understand scenario.  Sparks is a great kid.  He was trying to live out his dreams.

Otega Oweh, 6'5" guard, Oklahoma.  Two years of eligibility left.  11.4 points, 3.8 reb, 1.0 ast.  Shot 49/38/64.  Low volume three point shooter, 20 of 53 for the year.

Noah Reynolds, Green Bay.  6'3" guard.  Played two years at Wyoming.  Hit transfer portal last year, committed to Wisconsin but decommitted a few days later after Storr committed to Wisky.  At Green Bay last year averaged 20.0 pts/g, 3.7 reb, 4.5 ast.  Shot 51/34/79.

Mike James, Louisville, 6'5" guard.  13.6 pts, 5.0 reb, 1.5 ast.  Shot 40/34/82.

Alex Williams, Furman.  6'5" wing.  13.2 pts, 4.8 reb.  Shot 44/40/76;  bulk three point shooter (59 of 148 this year).

Justin Abson, 6'9" post, Appalachian State.  Rebounder/defender.  5th in D1 in blocks last season.  7.9 pts, 7.1 reb and 2.8 blocks in 24 mpg.  Two years eligibity.

24 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Had a down year after two pretty good ones at New Mexico.  Can create his own shot but not sure of fit at IU.

Watched him all last year (Mashburn jr). Kid can create. His mid-range game is elite. His 3 point is decent after his injury, was exceptional. I would like him playing for IU. 

1 hour ago, 68Hoosier said:

Strange situation.  I wander how the team and coaches will welcome him back.  

One of the things Pearl talks about is not burning bridges with recruits, as he has taken several in as transfers that initially went somewhere else.  Same would go for players in my book.  

Yeah, it's an easy to understand scenario.  Sparks is a great kid.  He was trying to live out his dreams.

100%. Sparks always said his dream was to play at Indiana. He played here, scored points in Assembly Hall and fulfilled his dream. Now got back to ball state, finish our tour career getting quality minutes. Happy for you big fella.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, realTomCrean said:

Have I missed anything on Cromwell from ISU? Followed by Walsh on X 

If nothing else, probably reading some tea leaves.  Would seem very likely that Conwell transfers after a big year at Indiana State and the coach leaving.