Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, FW Hoosier said:

For Mack it's obviously early.  There will be a ton of suitors for him.  

I don’t remember much about his defense, but as far as a lead ballhandler and dynamic scorer, he’s about the prototype of what IU needs.  

He’ll also only be a soph next year. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I don’t remember much about his defense, but as far as a lead ballhandler and dynamic scorer, he’s about the prototype of what IU needs.  

He’ll also only be a soph next year. 

He’d also be a perfect fit to take over for Walker at MSU. 

14 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Is that a surprise lol. Seems every time someone comes in the Hall, someone always has the game of their life

I understand what you're saying but game was in Gainbridge Fieldhouse this past year.

Still, it's always "against IU", the Hall, Big Ten Tourney's...... (Who was the Wisconsin player in the BTT who averaged 2-3 ppg and had almost 30 against us?   

16 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He’d also be a perfect fit to take over for Walker at MSU. 

hmm...

This is where the rubber will hit the road.  All these other teams out there with the same agenda to build a top 25 team.  The media will give benefit of doubt to coaches who do it consistently.  Can't blame them, anyone would.  Can Woody do anything in the portal to build a top 25 team?  That's my question.  What kind of roster does he have to build to get that type of attention and make winning easier on him?

Tyson is interesting because what position would Woody want him to play. He seems like a 3 at this level, but does that mean MM is gone? Will MM finally play the 4? Do they think Tyson could play the 2? It's super early but so far I have only really seen them target backup level rim protectors...maybe they finally learned and MR will be at the 5. 

We should absolutely get Hickman. Two MVC transfers were absolutely key to the two best teams in the league this year in Domask and Jones, and Hickman would be here in a heartbeat if offered. He wants to come home. 

1 minute ago, SamIam said:

Tyson is interesting because what position would Woody want him to play. He seems like a 3 at this level, but does that mean MM is gone? Will MM finally play the 4? Do they think Tyson could play the 2? It's super early but so far I have only really seen them target backup level rim protectors...maybe they finally learned and MR will be at the 5. 

We should absolutely get Hickman. Two MVC transfers were absolutely key to the two best teams in the league this year in Domask and Jones, and Hickman would be here in a heartbeat if offered. He wants to come home. 

That's not what is being floated, rumor-wise, at all. 

Frankie Collins, Arizona State.  6'1" guard.  13.8 points, 4.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists.  Shot 43/31/58 (ugh).  Started his career at Michigan.

Ben Burnham, 6'7" forward, College of Charleston.  11.9 points, 4.5 rebounds.  Shot 46/37/70.

17 hours ago, SamIam said:

I have wondered along the way about MM at the 3. I do not think he will leave unless for the draft because of it. It became clear early on he is a college 4, and playing him there would have probably resulted in more results like we saw at the end of the season. That said, he clearly envisions himself as a 3 and was promised minutes at the 3 here and Woody to his credit or detriment stuck to it when he was clearly a liability on defense (benching instead of going small). He got better, but if we were looking at it from a purely program wins standpoint a lineup of Ware, MM, TG, X, GC with MR off the bench probably wins more games. That is a long winded way of saying I do not think MM transfers, its NBA or bust. 

1 hour ago, Henryville Hoosier said:

Arrest[edit]

Johnson pleaded guilty to two misdemeanor charges in December 2022 for simple assault and strangulation, stemming from a September 5th incident in the same year where he struck a woman multiple times, causing bruising, and forcing her head into a bed, making it difficult for her to breathe. Johnson was suspended from the Pitt Men's basketball team during this period, but was reinstated after pleading guilty. Johnson was sentenced to a year of probation and required to complete batterer's intervention. Johnson took a redshirt in the 2022–23 season as a result.[3][4][5] Subsequently, the university announced in August 2023 that Johnson was no longer enrolled.[6] Shortly after, Johnson matriculated at Clarendon College, a community college in Texas.[7]