Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

My guess is you'll see Reneau starting at the 4 and someone else at the 5 with Reneau sliding to the 5 when the starter is one the bench.  So half of the time Reneau and and a 5 on the court in essence, half the time just one of the two.

Would expect something like this too, especially given Chris saying MM’s sees himself as a 3 and MR sees himself as a 4. One workaround is you start a more traditional 5 with those two but after the initial lineup, mostly keep the starting 4 and 5 separate, splitting the minutes at the 5. (This is pretty common!)

As an aside, I always find it pretty weird when players — both of whom in this case are pretty clearly hybrid/tweeners of the two positions in question — are insistent they are/aren’t one position or another. @Demo said something to this effect earlier but that always strikes me as a sort of naive way to view the game.

In my pickup games I’m anywhere from a 1 to a 4 depending on my teammates, and while I don’t like to guard bigger bruisers, it doesn’t really make much difference to me any which position I play.

Maybe naive isn’t the right word, as you sometimes hear this about the best players on earth, but it’s really focusing on the wrong things in ways I don’t get.

2 hours ago, lillurk said:

Would expect something like this too, especially given Chris saying MM’s sees himself as a 3 and MR sees himself as a 4. One workaround is you start a more traditional 5 with those two but after the initial lineup, mostly keep the starting 4 and 5 separate, splitting the minutes at the 5. (This is pretty common!)

As an aside, I always find it pretty weird when players — both of whom in this case are pretty clearly hybrid/tweeners of the two positions in question — are insistent they are/aren’t one position or another. @Demo said something to this effect earlier but that always strikes me as a sort of naive way to view the game.

In my pickup games I’m anywhere from a 1 to a 4 depending on my teammates, and while I don’t like to guard bigger bruisers, it doesn’t really make much difference to me any which position I play.

Maybe naive isn’t the right word, as you sometimes hear this about the best players on earth, but it’s really focusing on the wrong things in ways I don’t get.

Just my opinion.....but Reneau is a 5 offensively and a 4 defensively, MM is a stretch 4 on offense and a 3 or 4 on defense.  I honestly do think that MM's best position in the NBA will be as a 4.

Travis Branham just posted --
Danny Wolfe has a "do not contact" symbol next to his name in the portal, per source. In other words, he probably has a good idea as to where he's heading.

According to Trilly, he’s hearing ifs Duke, Georgetown or a return to Yale at this moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a portal entry, but 53rd overall ranked 2024 Oregon recruit Vyctorius Miller has requested his release from his NLI.  6'5".  247 lists his strengths for his ability to score at all three levels.  Needs work on the other parts of his game to have more than just an scoring impact.

Not a portal entry, but 53rd overall ranked 2024 Oregon recruit Vyctorius Miller has requested his release from his NLI.  6'5".  247 lists his strengths for his ability to score at all three levels.  Needs work on the other parts of his game to have more than just an scoring impact.

Seems like LSU who was his other school before might be the leader out of the gate.

9 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They selling him as the next Flip? Lol.

It’ll be interesting to particularly see what Purdue, Duke, and Kentucky do in addition to their 6 man recruiting classes.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

The next Ryan Young at Duke, and he still gets an elite academic degree, which probably weighed in Young’s decision. I can’t imagine he would choose Kentucky.

Also seems similar to Langborn transferring from Princeton to Northwestern; move up to a P5 school and still get an elite academic degree.

8 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Pretty strong wave off from Rabby.  Maybe some behind the scenes stuff to stay away from is my takeaway from Rabby's comment.

38 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pretty strong wave off from Rabby.  Maybe some behind the scenes stuff to stay away from is my takeaway from Rabby's comment.

So many stories about and commentary on this kid with an undercurrent of, “yeah, you don’t want any part of this one.” No idea what the deal might be, but there is something a little bit gross here. 

27 minutes ago, Demo said:

So many stories about and commentary on this kid with an undercurrent of, “yeah, you don’t want any part of this one.” No idea what the deal might be, but there is something a little bit gross here. 

Crean, Archie, and Woodson have primarily brought in high character young men.  Of course, some of the players made mistakes.  Xavier's speeding incident comes to mind, but for the most part the players have represented IU well.  I hope we don't become desperate and lower the quality of young men that we have represent IU.   

2 minutes ago, JF87 said:

Crean, Archie, and Woodson have primarily brought in high character young men.  Of course, some of the players made mistakes.  Xavier's speeding incident comes to mind, but for the most part the players have represented IU well.  I hope we don't become desperate and lower the quality of young men that we have represent IU.   

That is the 1 thing I’m not worried about. Maybe it’s the single advantage of Woody being old and crotchety, but I imagine he looks at sketchy kids and thinks, “Yeah I’m too old for that $hit.” 

49 minutes ago, JF87 said:

X made a lot of bad judgment moves in his time at Indiana. Not a "high character young man" type IMO. But pretty much apart from him, yeah, I'd agree. Overall, it's not a major concern going forward. It's certainly no comparison to the type of guys Sampson brought into the program, for example.

45 minutes ago, cleeter said:

From Trilly :

**Danny Wolf**
- Full school list: Michigan, Duke, Georgetown, UNC, Northwestern, Stanford, Cal and back to Yale.
- Went in with no decision made.

In other words, he’ll only leave the Ivy League if he transfers to a P5 team where he can also get an elite academic degree.

Every one of those possible destinations is a top 30 academic school nationally.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In other words, he’ll only leave the Ivy League if he transfers to a P5 team where he can also get an elite academic degree.

Every one of those possible destinations is a top 30 academic school nationally.

I'll place my bet on Michigan. Don't ask me why. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

So that's why Ngw cleaned out his twitter.....scrubbing evidence of him saying Wolf to IU.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So that's why Ngw cleaned out his twitter.....scrubbing evidence of him saying Wolf to IU.

Ah I wondered good catch.