Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, Notre Dame is whatever. Shrewsberry is a great basketball mind and a very strong coach. But I’m not worried about them. But they will be solid over time.

I’m also not worried about Penn State but I’m impressed with what they’ve done. Torvik will be very wrong on them. No way imo are they last place with that talent. They are fighting in the middle of the pack, I guess if things don’t click maybe bottom third.

Ace Baldwin, Wahab, Puff Johnson, Dunn, Favour Aire,

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

My take on Penn State is that they have to count on too many players that underachieved elsewhere — Johnson, Aire, Dunn.  Time will tell.

Shrewsbury is a great bball mind but I think he may find that Notre Dame doesn’t care enough about basketball and NIL bball money to make it work.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Paul Mulcahy (Rutgers) enters the portal as a grad transfer.  The 6-7 pass-first guard averaged 8.3 points and 4.9 assists last season and shot 37 percent from 3.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4432849/paul-mulcahy

Good riddance. I hope he leaves the conference.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Mulcahy at UK with his barely okay jump shot and cheap shot personality, paired with a team of me-first freshmen would be must see tv.

UK could use a senior citizen player; hoping this happens because it will be highly entertaining.

Isn’t Kentucky reaching out to EVERY portal player? They’d be reaching out to Lexington South Middle School if 8th grade kids had the ability to enroll at UK.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Mulcahy at UK with his barely okay jump shot and cheap shot personality, paired with a team of me-first freshmen would be must see tv.

UK could use a senior citizen player; hoping this happens because it will be highly entertaining.

Arkansas got all the crap for offering every portal kid, but K-State has been just as bad.

1 hour ago, OGIUAndy said:

And so has Michigan and UK. 

And Nebraska.

Arkansas and Nebraska have been doing this every year. UM and UK mostly just this year.

20 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Be a good get for someone.

Trilly mentioned Oklahoma as a possibility as the assistant coach who recruited Brown to Louisiana is now at Oklahoma -- but he followed that tweet up by saying the minutes might not be there as Oklahoma had landed John Hugley.

It sounds like it might be a while before we find out if Reeves plans to transfer or not. He's taking summer classes needed to graduate but some think that he will transfer. The classes he's taking are through ISU so it seems like he's intent on graduating soon since he wouldn't have enough UK credits to graduate there.

https://www.on3.com/college/kentucky-wildcats/news/kentucky-insider-shares-latest-on-status-of-antonio-reeves/

3 hours ago, go iu bb said:

It sounds like it might be a while before we find out if Reeves plans to transfer or not. He's taking summer classes needed to graduate but some think that he will transfer. The classes he's taking are through ISU so it seems like he's intent on graduating soon since he wouldn't have enough UK credits to graduate there.

https://www.on3.com/college/kentucky-wildcats/news/kentucky-insider-shares-latest-on-status-of-antonio-reeves/

Generally speaking a university requires some number or percentage of credit hours to be completed at said institution to graduate AND/OR the final X hours to be there. Would be hard to do both in just a single year if you weren’t strategic.

It may be possible to get a waiver for one or both of those rules depending on institutional/departmental policy and/or state law. Could imagine a vindictive program trying not to allow that but it’s a decision for academic staff/faculty, not the athletic dept./program.

All of which might explain taking summer classes at your old school (as would simple scheduling/housing needs, online options, or finding it easier to transfer credit out of UK than in, etc.).

Illinois State doesn’t list a summer graduation date, which probably just means they don’t have a ceremony; I’m sure any institution of that size does award degrees in summer. But I assume that means Reeves wouldn’t graduate and thus be eligible to start somewhere new as a grad transfer, until mid-August.