Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Not saying those guys won’t go pro but according to Givony on ESPN the only one getting drafted in either round is TJD. Ayo and Kofi aren’t even projected. So unless they hire agents they could come back. I haven’t heard if they’re hiring agents. 

I don't follow the NBA or the people who project the draft, but I have hard time believing Ayo is not drafted

Edit- I saw your correction

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, ib4iu said:

Not saying those guys won’t go pro but according to Givony on ESPN the only one getting drafted in either round is TJD. Ayo and Kofi aren’t even projected. So unless they hire agents they could come back. I haven’t heard if they’re hiring agents. 

Ayo is a first rounder on nearly every mock draft. 

edit: replied before I saw your posts correcting it. 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I get why AF would consider another school. He spent the shut down improving his game in a big way. IU did not improve as a team and if reports are true that we told a recruit we might get Stevens then I am sure the players heard as well. When that does not materialize and you have all these teams that had proven success this year I get why you would consider leaving for that. As much as I like what Woodson has said he is unproven and it might take a year or two to get his system in place.

I think if we landed some high end talent that would make AF want to stay vs running from competition

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I really hope that did not happen as it would be staggeringly stupid, especially since there was an attempt to keep everything quiet.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

is Illinois minus Ayo and Cockburn really better next year than IU with a junior Trayce, junior Franklin, and Coach Woodson? I don't know who Illinois is bringing in next year, though, so maybe they're replacing those two with studs. I honestly wasn't that impressed with Illinois last year when we played them. We were right there with them in both games, even going to overtime in one of them. 

IL got spanked by Loyola

28 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

While i agree, said transfers are very sought out for

I agree. The “difference makers” in the portal will each have 15-20+ schools after them. Do we get a stud or two or have to resort to scraps....to be determined.  
I’m a little more nervous than some as the thought of only having Leal and Stewart (if Franklin, Lander and Rob leave) as our returning backcourt is scary to me. 

1 hour ago, 8bucks said:

I get why AF would consider another school. He spent the shut down improving his game in a big way. IU did not improve as a team and if reports are true that we told a recruit we might get Stevens then I am sure the players heard as well. When that does not materialize and you have all these teams that had proven success this year I get why you would consider leaving for that. As much as I like what Woodson has said he is unproven and it might take a year or two to get his system in place.

I think if we landed some high end talent that would make AF want to stay vs running from competition

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

This year was tops for U of I.  Loosing key players and going down.   IU is on the upward trajectory.  We all know the primary reason we sucked was Archie.  Hell even with the Archie stand around and suck offense, if we just hit a few more free throws we win several more games.  Arman would be foolish to leave.  

Losing Jordan would stink. He has a lot of potential that really just needs a summer or two to pay off. 

Losing Franklin and Kristian would stink as well. Our best guard and our best PG if we're being honest. 

I love Race, but if I had to choose someone then it would be him. 

1 hour ago, Trish said:

Losing Jordan would stink. He has a lot of potential that really just needs a summer or two to pay off. 

Losing Franklin and Kristian would stink as well. Our best guard and our best PG if we're being honest. 

Yeah those two guys are both capable of huge leaps.  Really important to keep

1 hour ago, Trish said:

Losing Franklin and Kristian would stink as well. Our best guard and our best PG if we're being honest

By what metric are you basing this off of? Recruiting ranking?

2 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

I won't pretend to answer for Trish, but it's him or Phinisee. I personally have more faith in talent development than someone fixing their mental make-up.

2 minutes ago, FightFor6 said:

I won't pretend to answer for Trish, but it's him or Phinisee. I personally have more faith in talent development than someone fixing their mental make-up.

That's fine, but the statement was phrased in the present tense.

I'm by no means a Phinisee fan, as I've been very clear on this board many a times, but there's a reason Lander only played 10 minutes a game this season. In nearly every statistic Phinisee has shown to be more effective. Can Lander become a better PG in the future that what Phinisee has been, I'm sure of it, but to say he should without a doubt be the starting PG over a SR Phinisee is a stretch.

He needs a complete overhaul of his shot, needs far better decision making with the basketball and a big part of him only seeing 10 minutes a game is that his defense was no where close to being ready for major minutes in the Big10. The only thing I would take from his game over Phinisee currently is the speed at which he plays and that's because Phin sets the bar so low in that regard.

14 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Brain fart moment at 8AM Friday. 

I meant Franklin is our best guard on the team and Kristian is our best PG on the team. Rob Phinisee should be but his inconsistent contributions from each game is beyond frustrating. Kristian can't shoot, yet. But he has very good court vision, he's very good at the pocket-pass in the PnR. He needs to add weight so he can defend some of these guards. 

I don't have a metric. I'm using the future test as my hard evidence. No one here or on the staff knows what Rob Phinisee will bring next year, he's a walking mystery. It has to be mental at this point.