Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Archie. Miller. Fired.

Just a sad loss to finish a sad regular season. The worst part is that I rarely watch us play a team and think wow, this team is just way better than us. It happened against OSU. It happened against Michigan. But it didn’t happen today. I wasn’t wow’d by Purdue. I wasn’t wow’d by Illinois in our two meetings against them. We had plenty of chances to win those games. But we just don’t. It’s sad because I actually liked Archie. Heck, I still do. He just ain’t it for IU.

Is Billy D walking on Kirkwood right now? It’s nice outside. 
Let me see if I got this right. Are you (and have been) suggesting that only Brad Stevens and Billy Donovan are better than Archie?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Nothing good was going to happen after how his debut went. 

Everyone remembers the first game, but what really stands out in my memory was his second game. It was a home game against Howard where we struggled to pull away in the second half. The camera panned to our bench, and I've never seen a group of players who looked more beaten down and disinterested in just the second game of the season. It was kind of surreal. 

12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I was at that ISU game. Walking back to the car I thought to myself, “I hope four years from now we’re not looking back at tonight saying we should have seen it coming all along.”  I pushed that thought from my mind because at the time I thought, no way. Looking back though...

I remember checking the score on my phone that night and seriously thinking IU's Twitter account had been hacked. 

I recall last offseason I made the point that while the three MSU wins were nice, they were real outliers and the pro-Arch crowd should consider just how close IU had been to losing all three. IU had been pretty middling even WITH those wins.

Without them, IU would’ve been nowhere close to the bubble two years ago, and sweating a lot more last year.

32 minutes ago, lillurk said:

I recall last offseason I made the point that while the three MSU wins were nice, they were real outliers and the pro-Arch crowd should consider just how close IU had been to losing all three. IU had been pretty middling even WITH those wins.

Without them, IU would’ve been nowhere close to the bubble two years ago, and sweating a lot more last year.

Justin Smith's block was pretty awesome to win one of those. 

Not sure his record against the spread or as an underdog, but combing through...:

y1: only obvious one is Norte Dame. Can make a case for PSU and UMd.

y2: Marquette, @PSU? Louisville? Then the MSU games and Wisconsin.

y3: FSU, OSU, MSU, home vs. Iowa and MN are probably toss-ups, PSU, @ MN

y4: PSU and UMd look pretty good with hindsight, but otherwise it’s just the Iowa wins