Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Our offense is actually fairly good at the hard aspects of offense. 

We do everything quite well until the ball clanks against the rim.  

Ball movement, player movement, off ball screens, I've seen more of those things than I ever did with Crean and that's refreshing.

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Our offense is actually fairly good at the hard aspects of offense. 

We do everything quite well until the ball clanks against the rim.  

Exactly 

Our ball movement, spacing, and flow have led to consistently good shots this season.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Ball movement, player movement, off ball screens, I've seen more of those things than I ever did with Crean and that's refreshing.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Exactly 

Our ball movement, spacing, and flow have led to consistently good shots this season.

Which is why if we keep TJD and hire a shooting centric coach to fix this disaster Archie has a chance to turn this around. 

But Archie needs to swallow his pride and do it. Not confident of that 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Which is why if we keep TJD and hire a shooting centric coach to fix this disaster Archie has a chance to turn this around. 

But Archie needs to swallow his pride and do it. Not confident of that 

I’m not sure you’ve got the solution.

Great shooters usually arrive in college with that DNA.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

We watched guys regress or fail to develop guys should get better.  Or not forget how to hit a layup. 

Evan Fitzner who hit 41% over 3 years came here and hit 30% left mostly wide open 

On 12/13/2020 at 9:44 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Why this always comes back to jerseys and traditions is beside me. This has zero to do with why Archie isn’t recruiting well. Zero.

Wins, tournament success, a free flowing offense, vision within the system, playing time, opportunity to get to the NBA. These are the things the recruits look at.

Regardless, Archie is slipping on the recruiting front and needs to figure things out. I loved the focused approach when it was working, but the Brooks, Carton, Kaufman, Garland type recruitments have me jaded.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Maybe we could get the magic shooting jerseys.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  

On 12/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Stuhoo said:

Coaches at this level refine shooting, don't necessarily teach it.  No different than golfers with their teachers or hitting coaches, QB coaches -- all refining player's mechanics, maybe seeing something the player isn't seeing.  Definitely time for a shooting guru to arrive.  

5 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

With that win over Butler - 7th rated defense in the country according to KenPom. THIS is what we want with Archie as our coach. A functioning pack-line defense with an ability to score from a couple guys. Thanks to the defense plus TJD, AF and Race, this squad has legs. We also have something you can't measure; heart and grit. Destroyed Butler in the 2nd half from the very first possession after getting manhandles in the 1st. And if you watched Archie, our guys are still making a lot of simple mistakes which he's trying to coach them through. 7th ranked defense in the country, y'all.

Getting manhandled in the first is the part that you can’t discount.  We out played a terrible team in the second half.  We can’t do that against good teams and the failing to show up for long stretches is really the only constant of the Archie era 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Getting manhandled in the first is the part that you can’t discount.  We out played a terrible team in the second half.  We can’t do that against good teams and the failing to show up for long stretches is really the only constant of the Archie era 

I respectfully disagree. We got bullied (and outplayed a bit), Butler played better than they were capable of playing consistently with the insane 3 point percentage and it evened out. It was nothing more than a bad half with a team hitting everything and getting calls. It evened out and we smoked them.

2 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Interesting that Villanova did the same thing against butler the other night.

But yeah sky is falling, Archie sucks, brass cannon knows all.

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Oh yeah because this is totally the first time  keep putting those blinders on and refusing to see the obvious.  No need to examine things critically  

Butler was down by 9 at the half against Nova. If you have to lie to make your point you are probably wrong. 

5 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

I respectfully disagree. We got bullied (and outplayed a bit), Butler played better than they were capable of playing consistently with the insane 3 point percentage and it evened out. It was nothing more than a bad half with a team hitting everything and getting calls. It evened out and we smoked them.

At some point we have to stop attributing other teams success to getting lucky or hot and recognize it’s our D. 

12 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Interesting that Villanova did the same thing against butler the other night.

But yeah sky is falling, Archie sucks, brass cannon knows all.

Got it.

Lol I’m still laughing at the absurdity of that lie. 

Butler didn’t lead for the final 30+ minutes and got beat by almost 20. But other than those things they did the exact same thing. 

41 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Butler didn’t lead for the final 30+ minutes and got beat by almost 20. But other than those things they did the exact same thing. 

Butler was only down 6 with about 9 min to go in that game.   It was a 10 pt game with about 3:41.       Nova blew them out in the end but it was a really good game to watch 

53 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

8 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Butler was only down 6 with about 9 min to go in that game.   It was a 10 pt game with about 3:41.       Nova blew them out in the end but it was a really good game to watch 

Hopefully Uspshoosier’s post will get you to stop laughing by showing that it wasn’t absurd and wasn’t a lie.

btw, with 9:41 to play against Butler we were up 8, and with 3:30 to play we were up 15.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hopefully Uspshoosier’s post will get you to stop laughing by showing that it wasn’t absurd and wasn’t a lie.

They were up at half and they never trailed the final 30 plus minutes. And they won by 19 points.  

Just because Butler made a few runs doesn’t mean they did the same thing to us. The scores were similar with 9 minutes left.  But against Nova it was because Butler made a run. And with us we had to make the run. 

That’s the difference. Good teams don’t routinely need to come alive in the second half against bad teams.  

Nova made adjustments in the midst of a half took control in the first half.  Then when Butler made a run they were still up. 

34 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

They were up at half and they never trailed the final 30 plus minutes. And they won by 19 points.  

Just because Butler made a few runs doesn’t mean they did the same thing to us. The scores were similar with 9 minutes left.  But against Nova it was because Butler made a run. And with us we had to make the run. 

That’s the difference. Good teams don’t routinely need to come alive in the second half against bad teams.  

Nova made adjustments in the midst of a half took control in the first half.  Then when Butler made a run they were still up. 

Sounds like every college basketball game I watch.   Teams makes runs and teams give up runs 

Dude you make me miss IUgradman. Not sure how he got booted but your nonsense still sticks around.

Anyway, no this team isn’t perfect, but good lord they just played the best half of defense an IU team has played in an awfully long time. Try to be happy for once might like it.