Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Stanford - 12/2/20 @ 1:30 on ESPN

Third place game in the Not Maui Invitational.   Yesterday's debacle and likelihood Al won't play or if he does play he'll be severely hampered..........  :-(

Radio with Fisch not Bill Walton

Couple of game previews.  

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Indiana-hoosiers-basketball-texas-longhorns-Gameday-IU-faces-No-Stanford-Maui-Asheville-155823783/

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/know-your-opponent-stanford

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Third place game in the Not Maui Invitational.   Yesterday's debacle and likelihood Al won't play or if he does play he'll be severely hampered..........  :-(

Radio with Fisch not Bill Walton

Couple of game previews.  

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Indiana-hoosiers-basketball-texas-longhorns-Gameday-IU-faces-No-Stanford-Maui-Asheville-155823783/

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/know-your-opponent-stanford

Ain't no way in Hades that Al plays. Nine players available with our third game in three days.

I'm thinking Trey Galloway starts. Lander gets 20+ minutes and Anthony Leal gets some run when the game matters.

THIS MUST BE SAID!

It's the 4th game of the year folks. Regardless of the outcome, it's the 4TH GAME OF THE YEAR!

Our first time playing a Pac-12 team since 2007. Interesting to think about! Let's see what our young team can do. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Ain't no way in Hades that Al plays. Nine players available with our third game in three days.

I'm thinking Trey Galloway starts. Lander gets 20+ minutes and Anthony Leal gets some run when the game matters.

Since the only proven shooter on this team won't play I hope you're right about Leal.

If a couple wide open shots had fallen yesterday the end results may have been vastly different.

^^ No ******* way he plays today.  Hell, I didn't think he would even be warming up with the way he rolled his ankle yesterday.  Is he the plastic man v2.0?!  I've had a few ankle rolls where I was looking at the bottom of my foot and it took multiple weeks in order to put enough weight on it to walk. 

I do like the message it sends to his teammates though.  Hopefully, the rest of the team will play with more toughness today.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Al is an outstanding representative of the team and the University. So glad he didn't de-commit when Crean left.

I agree and have always liked Al. Never viewed him as a future star, when he was recruited, but rather hoped for a hard working 4 year foundational type guy. He has been that, improved every year and we are lucky to have him on our team.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Al is an outstanding representative of the team and the University. So glad he didn't de-commit when Crean left.

Completely agree, I have no qualms about his character.  I believe it was last season he seemed to be the only what that was affected about getting blown out in a game.  I'd like to see that spread throughout the team.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Whatever happened to Walking Boot of Doom? Helluva poster--am I forgetting that one of our regulars had that name and is now using a different handle?

Wasn't he known as Jurkin on the Court before Walking Boot?

That’s a pleasant surprise as I was expecting to see him in the dreaded walking boot of doom.
No slight to Al giving it a try but everyone's a Captain this year

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Random thought:

Is TJD playing soft to avoid being injured knowing that we have nothing behind him with Brunk out?  I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, especially good young men/women competing in collegiate sports.  Could it be that we haven't seen the TJD that we thought he would/should be as a sophomore because we need him on the court?

Just a random thought