Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Game Thread: 11/21 @ OSU Noon ABC

As crazy as it sounds, I think much of what happened today came out of what we DIDN'T do in our four wins. Three of those were pretty convincing -- and should've been more so. But at times, the execution was very poor and we made mistakes -- they weren't critical because we were up big, but still ...

It's not like those mistakes were just gonna go away. If we had really worked on shoring that play up instead of just coasting late against Michigan, Rutgers and Michigan State, maybe today is different. You never know ... 

And for the love of God, let's try running the ball outside the tackles and rolling Penix out -- and maybe even having him run every now and then. The one time he rolled out, he threw a 63-yard TD pass. Offense needs to get more versatile. 

36 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Possibly, because it would mean a win over Wisky.  But Northwestern still hasn't lost.

Again, Rose Bowl a national semi final game this yr so can't be that, but but could get New Years 6 at-large if we win out. If not citrus or outback. 

Good @$$ fight from the Hoosiers today. Obviously shouldn’t have gone down 35-7 and got a little unlucky which led to that score after HT, but these guys didn’t ******* quit. Lot to be proud of from this group and I see no reason why they can’t run the table the rest of the way and secure a berth in Pasadena.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I said I would eat crow if we won because I didn't think it was possible. But I think I'll have a helping just because of the second half they played. To have OSU hanging on at the end, at home, after being down four scores, absolutely I'll eat crow. Now, don't waste this effort by letting down next week. Win out and it's been the best season in my memory.

12 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

Not upset they lost.  I am upset that it feels like they let this one slip through their fingers.  

Which is absolutely bananas.. With three fumbles and a pick 6 I thought we would have lost by 35.  O$U is just on another level, talent wise, but this team fought and clawed its way back after some early mistakes.

That was a solid effort.  Too many self-imposed errors.  Our defense in general, is legit...need to be able to stop the run better.  Offense...the OLine needs a lot of work.  We can't get the run game going at all.  Ah well.  I'm not remotely upset after watching this game.  If anything, I'm optimistic that the future is bright.  Go Hoosiers!!!!

This team...Indiana football has arrived. Can’t win them all and need to play cleaner, but the foundation is here to be competitive more often than not if Allen sticks around. We’re officially at a point where the next step in our program’s success goes through beating OSU, which is on par with where Penn State and Michigan have been.

This year doesn’t count against player eligibility, right? 

Helluva a fight after digging ourselves a huge hole. Proves we can compete with elite teams without playing a perfect game, because that was far from perfect. Shake it off and be ready for the Twerps next week.

For the record, O$U has 13 5* and 51 4* recruits on scholarship. We have 6 4*.