Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

8 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

When IU was bad, we still had that Tom Pritchard pick that put Hummel out for the rest of the game.

Key player suffers new injuries in win against IU

One thing I can say about 2020 NCAA basketball is that I do not miss the v-neck t-shirt jerseys and the giant shorts/pants one single bit.

5 hours ago, mdn82 said:

It was factually correct but hard to hear the MSU crowd was a bad one? I politely disagree. I was there. Great crowd. Got us the W.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He said the MSU crowd was loud and into the game but their were empty seats in the student section (it was less than usual but still some empty).  

All of that is correct. As I said blame IU for how they distribute tickets for the empty seats. 

I don’t know why, but I always liked Brian Cardinal. Dude just seemed to have maximized every ounce of potential he had.

Oof. I wanted to throat punch that dude every time. My opinion, he’s the reason the charge/block Hovadipo loves so much, became what it is today. Flop city, USA population 1. Dude could play ball though.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I hope Purdue doesn’t win tonight. That would give them a winning streak heading into Saturday. I wouldn’t like that one bit

They are putting an absolute clown stomping on Iowa......up 38 points with 4 minutes left.

There is not a more inconsistent team in college basketball than Purdue is this year.  They were flat out lucky to beat Northwestern on the weekend (thanks to horrible coaching strategy by Collins at the end of the game) and then they come back with a very impressive win tonight.  That said, their only true road win was the Northwestern game.

They are putting an absolute clown stomping on Iowa......up 38 points with 4 minutes left.
There is not a more inconsistent team in college basketball than Purdue is this year.  They were flat out lucky to beat Northwestern on the weekend (thanks to horrible coaching strategy by Collins at the end of the game) and then they come back with a very impressive win tonight.  That said, their only true road win was the Northwestern game.

They also have a road win @ Ohio but other then those 2 they haven’t been good on the road

25 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Oof. I wanted to throat punch that dude every time. My opinion, he’s the reason the charge/block Hovadipo loves so much, became what it is today. Flop city, USA population 1. Dude could play ball though.

Never liked Cardinal.  The blocks where he flopped are plays where guys get hurt.

32 minutes ago, cappymo14 said:

Welp that solidifies it. I hate him. (And charges, which are bad)

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

They also have a road win @ Ohio but other then those 2 they haven’t been good on the road

I've never seen a team score 37 points in one Big Ten game and 104 in another.

Their conference results:

home:

14 point win over NW

5 point win over Minnesota (OT)

29 point win over Michigan State

17 point loss to Illinois

19 point win over Wisky

36 point win over Iowa

road:

14 point loss at Nebraska

26 point loss at Illinois

6 point loss at Michigan (OT)

7 point loss at Maryland

7 point loss at Rutgers

3 point win at Northwestern

Their average margin of win has been 18 points;  their average margin of loss has been 13 points. 

I hope Purdue doesn’t win tonight. That would give them a winning streak heading into Saturday. I wouldn’t like that one bit

It’ll make the win that much better. And maybe that 104 they just hung on Iowa will be a wake up call to anyone wearing our stripes that they need to come ready to play on Saturday.

Just now, HinnyHoosier said:

It’ll make the win that much better. And maybe that 104 they just hung on Iowa will be a wake up call to anyone wearing our stripes that they need to come ready to play on Saturday.

If they need a wake up call for this game then that is not a good thing.