Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Purdoodoo toiletmakers vs. THE Indiana Hoosiers (2/8 at 2:00 on ESPN)

20 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Does it involve Dakich and a stake?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It involves the 1980 team. Was he on it? Don't think so. He said on the radio that former players are lying to him about going. 

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

but don't blame Doyel for stating the truth that the atmosphere has lacked last few years (outside of big games) which is 100 percent true.

No one was blaming Doyel.  But, similar to Archie, that no matter what he says or does there will always be detractors.  He could be 100% correct, but still some would think he is full of bs.

I know this is a huge absolute, but I truly believe Archie's ability to possibly have a successful tenure here rests on this game. Win it and you probably get just enough home games moving forward to make tourney and build some moment next year and in future.

Lose and I think another long slide starts and it leads to the beginning of the end of his tenure here whether it is at the end of this year or next. Much like the  Michigan game in Crean's last year was the beginning of his end and really turned everyone including the media on him, a no-show I think turns everyone against Archie once and for all. He has not beaten PU before and this is an incredible mediocre Boilermaker team that you MUST beat at home if you want to be the coach here beyond this year or next.

5 minutes ago, InArchWeTrust said:

No one was blaming Doyel.  But, similar to Archie, that no matter what he says or does there will always be detractors.  He could be 100% correct, but still some would think he is full of bs.

That's for sure. For full disclosure I know Doyle a little bit, which is why I defend him, but trust me when I say he really wants local teams to succeed and is just saying the truth which sometimes hurts for fans to hear which I get.

Blame the administration for reasons I stated, not Doyle for saying something that is factually correct but hard to hear.

27 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I hate to day it but its not wrong. Outside of big games the crowds have been weak.

A big part of it though is the way IU distributed student tickets combined with mediocre play. If you want to blame someone, blame the administration for only caring about revenue and the tickets sold rather then making sure butts are in seats and students are notoriously flaky. Also letting our basketball program get to this level is a huge part, which is also on the administration.

Their is a good argument to be made for taking some tickets away from students, but don't blame Doyel for stating the truth that the atmosphere has lacked last few years (outside of big games) which is 100 percent true. 

Not to get too far off topic. I do agree with him that the marketing could use a revamp. However, the building itself is not disappointing like he alluded to. The big game atmospheres are not disappointing . The problem is this program has been to 4 NCAA tournaments in the last 11 years. It starts and ends with that. I was a student when Crean had it rolling and the student tickets were distributed the same. The games were fine, all of them. They were awesome actually.

Win and everyone will show up. 

SORRY BACK on TOPIC. BEAT PURDUE!!!! IT HAS BEEN TOO LONG!!!

That's for sure. For full disclosure I know Doyle a little bit, which is why I defend him, but trust me when I say he really wants local teams to succeed and is just saying the truth which sometimes hurts for fans to hear which I get.
Blame the administration for reasons I stated, not Doyle for saying something that is factually correct but hard to hear.

It was factually correct but hard to hear the MSU crowd was a bad one? I politely disagree. I was there. Great crowd. Got us the W.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

37 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

I think we win a game that looks much like the IU-PU football game where we say what the F did I just watch? Neither team is impressive.

I too have an itching feeling this is gonna be like the Northwestern win...where we were happy about the W but still baffled by the play.

Reasons to hate Purdoo; not just this week, but especially this week:

1. They have no imagination or soul.
  2. Brian Cardinal
  3. Keady's hair
  4. The depressing town of West Lafayette
  5. They are convinced that they matter
  6. Matt Haarms
  7. Isaac Haas may have dated one of your relatives
  8. They are terrible at football and not especially successful at basketball
  9. The Paint Crew
  10. Their mascot Jack the donkey
  11. Matt Haarms