Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The Scottsburg stuff was overblown with he and the IndyStar. Although, ironically, the coach he stood up for is the exact opposite of DD as far as who they vote for in elections lol ... super funny to me. 

I don't care for DD. Couldn't stand the things he would say about Romeo or Blackmon. 

I thought it was strange that yesterday broke the camel's back? Sort of weird to me. No issue with him being kicked off though. 

I still remember him saying about De'ron Davis that he was trying to 'sell a limp' and that no one cares about it.  It then turned out that he had a achilles tendon injury that made him miss the rest of the season.

45 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Not sure what happened to Dakich, but he went from a fun listen to a mean listen. The last few years were too much shock jock for me. If that makes me soft, so be it. Life is too short to be miserable.

He's nuts. He turned his 15 minutes of fame into a decent media career and now he's burning every bridge possible. No one turns into sports radio to get some former jock's political takes. He needs therapy. And I mean it. 

54 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Not sure what happened to Dakich, but he went from a fun listen to a mean listen. The last few years were too much shock jock for me. If that makes me soft, so be it. Life is too short to be miserable.

Happened to a guy up here in Chicago.  Un listenable.  But it seems to be the new way and brings in ratings, I guess.  

He's nuts. He turned his 15 minutes of fame into a decent media career and now he's burning every bridge possible. No one turns into sports radio to get some former jock's political takes. He needs therapy. And I mean it. 
Those same people probably shouldn't watch ESPN's talking heads either then. I agree with what you said. I used to look at sports as a refreshing way to escape the politicized world but now it's literally everywhere you turn. I really wish we could go back to the world of not knowing every actor, musician and athlete's political views and hell even coworkers and neighbors for that matter. All that said I don't understand the absolute hate this fan base has for one of their own that put in many years of blood, sweat and tears for the university they love to root for. To each their own I guess.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Those same people probably shouldn't watch ESPN's talking heads either then. I agree with what you said. I used to look at sports as a refreshing way to escape the politicized world but now it's literally everywhere you turn. I really wish we could go back to the world of not knowing every actor, musician and athlete's political views and hell even coworkers and neighbors for that matter. All that said I don't understand the absolute hate this fan base has for one of their own that put in many years of blood, sweat and tears for the university they love to root for. To each their own I guess.

I used to watch ESPN all the time, but now its only when I want to see a game, for the reasons you just described.

It used to be taboo to discuss politics in public, unless you were a politician. Now it almost seems like a requirement.

Just now, Josh said:

Dan Dakich is that guy who has insulting nicknames that he uses for everybody, then gets all upset if somebody says anything negative about him.  He's such a victim.

Yep.  Just another guy who bashed anybody who gets offended, and then proceeds to get offended.  Hopefully the Door Dash gig is still going well for him.

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

Once he started ripping everything IU I think it was open season. Whether he was being honest or not, doesn't really matter, he got personal. Let us not forget HE was on Sampson's staff. He likes to throw mud, but like a lot of big mouths, can't take any sort of criticism, just attacks people personally. Ripping Romeo, but I never heard him talk about Jadlow or Leary, two legit criminals. I wonder why that is? But then again, I stopped listening to him a while ago. He like's to think he's a tough guy, but he sure is a baby and a whiner. In regards to ESPN, I don't really know why anyone would watch it, politics aside, it's literally just a talking head network, it's not a sports network. I don't really give two sh*ts what 90% of those guys have to say. I stopped watching ESPN long ago, and most of the time when I watch games I don't have audio on. And I 100% agree with you. Politics is everywhere all the time and THAT is the biggest issue in the country. The rest of it is just noise to piss people off, exactly what DD does. He became nothing more than a full time agitator and troll. 

1 hour ago, rcs29 said:

I watch sports on ESPN but could care less about the talking head shows.

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

I might be in the minority here but I believe it's absolutely vital politics are discussed in communities. The keyword being - discussed. I couldn't care less about political affiliation but I do care about reasoning. The problem we have isn't political discussion, it's core to democracy. The problems we face are creating "good and evil", "right and wrong", "all or nothing" stances out of issues that are far more complicated than just two perspectives.

I'd encourage everyone to spend time discussing (!!) political topics while remaining calm and articulating your view without being overly emotional. It's amazing to see that those "opponents" are far more empathic when spoken to as equals and listening to their perspective without judging. The majority of the population's political views fall within an appropriate range of center. It's when we close our mouths and ears the minority on the outer spectrum have a platform to run rampant and have the ability to impact your daily life.

Dang that’s a great post Aloha.

You completely described a better place—reality of those discussions is far less rosy. All you have to do is read a message board that allows political discussion.

15 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Eh. He's 60 and has another show he does. At this point, he really has nothing to worry about.