Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

CrossboneIU22

2019 Off-Season IU Roster News and Moves

26 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

They're freshman. This unrealistic trash is what demonstrates why these artificial hot seats are created. GTFOH.

Yea.  A class that gives you two starters (potentially could have been three), with one being your leading scorer, isn't a bust.

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Okay but your original post was about Archie's first class, which includes Hunter whether he never plays a game or plays in them all over the next four years. 

He may have been apart of the class, but if he never plays, it wont be counted against Archie like an Anderson would be. As of now Jerome is just there waiting. Would player-coach be better than manager? Realistically, he is not part of future plans until it is said he's healthy enough to play. So no reason to include him. When he plays, he will be judged with that class.

30 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

They're freshman. This unrealistic trash is what demonstrates why these artificial hot seats are created. GTFOH.

And? Doesn't mean you shouldn't see a glimpse of a good player. Romeo was good but a one year rent. Rob looks to be a poor mans Yogi and we can use that, he'll end up giving the absolute most from the class. Hard to say on Thompson but he showed effort and hustle. Looked better than Jake. Should end up a good rotation guy. Kenny Goins type? Anderson showed he doesn't belong in the Big Ten. And again, I won't include Hunter until it is said he will play.

3 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Disappointing to hear about Jake, but man I can't blame him. There's no reason he should have been sitting behind Fitzner all season. He came in and gave effort and was active. 

He committed 10.7 fouls per 40 minutes.  That's not much less than twice the rate of the next most foul-prone player on the roster.  Seems like a reason to me.

22 minutes ago, Joe DeLow said:

And? Doesn't mean you shouldn't see a glimpse of a good player. Romeo was good but a one year rent. Rob looks to be a poor mans Yogi and we can use that, he'll end up giving the absolute most from the class. Hard to say on Thompson but he showed effort and hustle. Looked better than Jake. Should end up a good rotation guy. Kenny Goins type? Anderson showed he doesn't belong in the Big Ten. And again, I won't include Hunter until it is said he will play.

And the class is not the movement. Get your head straight.

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

I quit this website.

Oh, so you're also entering the transfer portal?  :farting_smiley:

Back to Jake.  Wonder if part of the year end discussion could have been a suggestion to take a redshirt year and Jake not interested although he's going to have to sit out a year regardless.  No inside info whatsover just aimless speculation.

Disappointing to hear about Jake, but man I can't blame him. There's no reason he should have been sitting behind Fitzner all season. He came in and gave effort and was active. 
Or maybe fitzner was simply better.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't get it. I think we all kind of knew he wasn't going to play much his freshman or sophomore year. Wish the kid luck in the future. 

I certainly didn’t know that. I don’t think there is anything to support this, especially given how our returning center in Davis was coming off an Achilles tear and hobbling all season. There is no obvious reason why he wasn’t in there more and after bigten play started, getting all of fitzners minutes

That was a huge wtf and slap in his face

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app