Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

My first thought was exactly that, why wasn’t he wearing a helmet. I am sure it doesn’t mean anything though. Just an 18 year old boy being an 18 year old boy. I am sure I would have been doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Same here lol. Just surprised the staff isn't on top of it not permitting that kind of thing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Ha I like his dad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Ha I like his dad.

Miller said his Dad text him that Indiana needs to “get on a new free throw plan.” He then said, “It must be hitting an all-timer if he’s paying attention to it. We maybe gotta get a free throw coach in here, I don’t know. I thought I was a pretty good free throw shooter, but I’m not a good free throw coach.”

This is awesome!! And true.

Miller said his Dad text him that Indiana needs to “get on a new free throw plan.” He then said, “It must be hitting an all-timer if he’s paying attention to it. We maybe gotta get a free throw coach in here, I don’t know. I thought I was a pretty good free throw shooter, but I’m not a good free throw coach.”

This is awesome!! And true.

I appreciate the fact that he can acknowledge that his methods aren't working and the fact that his dad will call him on it. Awesome! Now fix it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using BtownBanners mobile app

Scary stuff in this article below.  If you remember former Clemson RB CJ Fuller, who died suddenly from unknown causes at 22 years old in October, this snippet may be of some relevance here:

The 22-year-old former Tigers running back died from pulmonary thromboembolism and deep vein thrombosis, Pickens County Coroner Kandy Kelley said in a release. His death on Oct. 3 came exactly two weeks after he underwent surgery on Sept. 19 to repair a leg injury.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article222953495.html

I'm not sure if DVT was ever officially disclosed as Jerome Hunter's injury, but man, hope he doesn't have to worry about this.

Scary stuff in this article below.  If you remember former Clemson RB CJ Fuller, who died suddenly from unknown causes at 22 years old in October, this snippet may be of some relevance here:
The 22-year-old former Tigers running back died from pulmonary thromboembolism and deep vein thrombosis, Pickens County Coroner Kandy Kelley said in a release. His death on Oct. 3 came exactly two weeks after he underwent surgery on Sept. 19 to repair a leg injury.
https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article222953495.html
I'm not sure if DVT was ever officially disclosed as Jerome Hunter's injury, but man, hope he doesn't have to worry about this.

It definitely sucks when your body “throws” clots anytime you have surgery or immobile because your sick or injured. It’s a crazy life altering condition.

55 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Blood clots are serious stuff. I take aspirin every day to help prevent them

It definitely sucks when your body “throws” clots anytime you have surgery or immobile because your sick or injured. It’s a crazy life altering condition.

Yes it does. When I had my 2 ankle fusions. I had to give myself anticoagulant shots every day for 4 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If indeed that was the issue and Jerome is being anticoagulated he could easily be out for the season purely because of the amount of time his docs feel he needs to be on that med. They won't clear him to play while he's taking it.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If indeed that was the issue and Jerome is being anticoagulated he could easily be out for the season purely because of the amount of time his docs feel he needs to be on that med. They won't clear him to play while he's taking it.

Typically, it's 6 months of anticoagulation after they disintegrated the clots with heparin. If he had surgery to remove the clots that tells me they were more than just your normal DVT.

My concern would be what led to the clots though. If he was otherwise a healthy, active young man and clotted there's an extremely dangerous hereditary disorder that caused him to clot.

DVT/PE are no joke. If that’s the issue, I hope he’ll be OK.

Typically, it's 6 months of anticoagulation after they disintegrated the clots with heparin. If he had surgery to remove the clots that tells me they were more than just your normal DVT.

My concern would be what led to the clots though. If he was otherwise a healthy, active young man and clotted there's an extremely dangerous hereditary disorder that caused him to clot.

Yep. They'd be completely unprovoked. Treatment can be as little as 3 months but yeah, typically longer. It was mentioned at the beginning of his struggles it was a familial condition so it could very well be a life long coagulopathy.

But again, I speculate. It's curious that they are still keeping a high degree of hush-hush about this.

Yep. They'd be completely unprovoked. Treatment can be as little as 3 months but yeah, typically longer. It was mentioned at the beginning of his struggles it was a familial condition so it could very well be a life long coagulopathy.

But again, I speculate. It's curious that they are still keeping a high degree of hush-hush about this.

For 25 years, we never knew I had any hereditary conditions and then clotted twice within 8 months (4 PEs, 3 DVTs, and a clot in my upper intestine).

I wish nothing but the best for Hunter and pray that the issue isn't clots.

For 25 years, we never knew I had any hereditary conditions and then clotted twice within 8 months (4 PEs, 3 DVTs, and a clot in my upper intestine).

I wish nothing but the best for Hunter and pray that the issue isn't clots.

Yeesh, sorry to hear that man. I wish you the best as well. That's no easy road.

Yeesh, sorry to hear that man. I wish you the best as well. That's no easy road.

Thanks man, it's been a hectic road. Thankfully I went off Coumadin for about 8 years until a few years ago. Then clotted a few more times (once while on Coumadin).

Mike Pegram
@peegs
Archie Miller says Robert Phinisee is in concussion protocol and he's moving forward expecting to be without him for awhile.
Oh but of course we certainly need more injuries. Talk about snake bit.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Mike Pegram
@peegs
Archie Miller says Robert Phinisee is in concussion protocol and he's moving forward expecting to be without him for awhile.

Not good at all... I fully expect(ed) him back for Jacksonville... go through the protocol, get cleared, no big deal.. be safe and not let him play Central Arkansas but not a long term issue... 

Hopefully they just don't know the details yet...

6 minutes ago, Str8Hoosiers said:

Not good at all... I fully expect(ed) him back for Jacksonville... go through the protocol, get cleared, no big deal.. be safe and not let him play Central Arkansas but not a long term issue... 

Hopefully they just don't know the details yet...

If there is such a thing, maybe it's good timing with another cupcake and then semester break, giving 2 weeks before it could come into play.

51 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Mike Pegram
@peegs

Unreal. The big break coming up is nice but the fact that Archie said "a while" likely means it's longer than that. Time for Devonte Green to give us more of what we saw last night. I assume him and Durham will be running most of the point, with Damezi getting some more pt.