Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

monskisprodigy

Injury Updates

54 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Mike Pegram
@peegs
Archie Miller says Robert Phinisee is in concussion protocol and he's moving forward expecting to be without him for awhile.

Is that a new tweet from Peegs or is that the one he sent out right after the game was over?  I've been keeping my eyes open and I haven't seen any updates from anyone today.  Thanx

57 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

Mike Pegram
@peegs
Archie Miller says Robert Phinisee is in concussion protocol and he's moving forward expecting to be without him for awhile.

That's from what Archie said last night right after the game. My guess is he was just saying that to cover his bases. As far as I know, there's been no new information released. 

That's from what Archie said last night right after the game. My guess is he was just saying that to cover his bases. As far as I know, there's been no new information released. 

Correct. At the time Miller said that, he hadn’t spoken with the team doctors yet and speculating purely on a CYB, I believe.

I expect him to miss Jacksonville but possibly be back by Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

47 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Is that a new tweet from Peegs or is that the one he sent out right after the game was over?  I've been keeping my eyes open and I haven't seen any updates from anyone today.  Thanx

After the fact, I assume it was the one sent out right after the game and not an update.

Unreal. The big break coming up is nice but the fact that Archie said "a while" likely means it's longer than that. Time for Devonte Green to give us more of what we saw last night. I assume him and Durham will be running most of the point, with Damezi getting some more pt. 
To me awhile means several months

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

To me awhile means several months

If that bump knocks rob out for several months i am speechless. On the play ground that was a get up and play you are ok lol. I get that it could be a fluke worst case scenario but i am hoping it's just precautionary and he will be back soon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

If that bump knocks rob out for several months i am speechless. On the play ground that was a get up and play you are ok lol. I get that it could be a fluke worst case scenario but i am hoping it's just precautionary and he will be back soon.

I agree it is but the have gone totally overboard with this concussion protocol in sports imo.

I don’t even want to get started about concussions.

I’ve been around Hockey and head contact my whole life.

Never saw a player miss a game from a concussion for 25 years. All my friends and family live perfectly normal lives.

Now.... Football. And some of the shots they take over and over with the repetition they do.....can be a different story.

I don’t want to go full diatribe here.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Never saw a player miss a game from a concussion for 25 years. All my friends and family live perfectly normal lives.

Now.... Football. And some of the shots they take over and over with the repetition they do.....can be a different story.

Boxing and MMA??????? These guys spar virtually every day and some get knocked unconscious multiple times a year. Man, idk.

For the players own protectionthis is not going overboard. Concussions can be dangerous.
I agree safety first but that specific bump could only be a big deal from atrocious luck. Think back to playing as kids we all took major shots to the head and nobody cared. If you were not knocked out nobody gave it a thought. Again safety first and if he is concussed he should sit but i am wondering how many concussions i have had. Guessing none but have been knocked out and also been dazed pretty good

I agree it is but the have gone totally overboard with this concussion protocol in sports imo.

Gone totally overboard? Dude, do everyone a favor, grab a book, open it up, look for the section about CTE, do your homework, then post comments.

Gone totally overboard? Dude, do everyone a favor, grab a book, open it up, look for the section about CTE, do your homework, then post comments.

Dude i know all about it dude. We should probably ban boxing dude. One little dinky little bump these days and a kid has to sit out for weeks. Dude why is football still legal? It should be banned than along with hockey if by that theory every little contact is causing concussions. Totally banned. Where are the people like you leading the charge to ban all football? Start a site to ban football and then post. Deal.

I just want to know why all the concussion internet police still support the nfl?

1 minute ago, Bailey7878 said:

Dude i know all about it dude. We should probably ban boxing dude. One little dinky little bump these days and a kid has to sit out for weeks. Dude why is football still legal? It should be banned than along with hockey if by that theory every little contact is causing concussions. Totally banned. Where are the people like you leading the charge to ban all football? Start a site to ban football and then post. Deal.

Brett Favre the epitomy of Iron man wouldn’t play football again. Probably a good idea to make some changes  but nah just keep going the way it is because rabble rabble. 

Brett Favre the epitomy of Iron man wouldn’t play football again. Probably a good idea to make some changes  but nah just keep going the way it is because rabble rabble. 
No it should be totally banned if we really are so concerned for the well being of these guys. However, fans are too selfisf to do that. Alot fans love big crushing hits and live for the nfl.