Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs U of Southern Indiana (Exhibition) - Thurs., 11/1

4 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In post-game Archie said De'Ron "rolled his ankle, maybe tweaked his ankle."    Both Mike Miller and Osterman commented that Archie didn't seem overly concerned.  

Can attest that is likely. after I had an injury to my foot the first game back I rolled my ankle. Trainer said it was common. 

Not to be a Debbie downer but I’m disappointed I spent $10 to watch that. I know, it’s still early. Im not panicking just yet but we looked bad on both ends and I wasn’t impressed with anyone tonight

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This has to be a joke or a Purdue troll right??? Offense was extremely efficient (and only 11 TOs), we were 11-22 from 3 (never even came close to a shooting night like this last year), and D was wreaking havoc forcing bad shots with the shot clock expiring nearly every possession until midway through 2nd half when Archie was trying to mix it up with bench players. You don't have to have a player put up 30 points per game to be "great"...in Archie's system that is never gonna happen. It's high IQ/shared basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

5 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Solid game for RP and DA. I like how Juwan came out from halftime. Defensively we will be even better than the end of the season. Free throws man. Free throws.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I’m going to start calling them unopposed throws. 

Well that was awesome.  With the huge turnover from last year, it feels like an entirely different team.  

Damezi.  Archie called him a "big guard" in the post-game interview.  Love it.  I think he's our long term shooting guard.  He has a real knack for sneaking around the perimeter, getting loose for a shot.  And man he can heat up.  Love this kid.

Rob.  We're not the only ones impressed by his game.  I think Archie is convinced he's a best option at point.  I think the entire team recognizes that he's our most talented PG.  Sorry, Green.  Sorry, Al.  Rob couldn't shoot tonight.  He may never be great, but I would guess he'll level out to 34% or so from 3.  Good enough.  

Romeo had a bad game.  Give Archie and Romeo an opportunity to fix it.  

Maybe the biggest story will end up being our defense.  I lucked into some 4th row seats to the Pacers/Raptors game last year, hoping to see OG play.  Of course he was out that game.  But being that close, I realized just how small the court is when you're playing a big team.  You can't do anything.  The packline is nice and should work, but as they say, Jimmy's and Joe's over X's and O's.  Long, stifling players.  

Here's Archie commenting on Rob.