Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs U of Southern Indiana (Exhibition) - Thurs., 11/1

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Favorite part of the georgia article was the big man bringing the ball up the court. They acted surprised well they better get used to it cause they will probably see that more than they would like lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

And the 20+ turnovers.

I've just never been impressed with Green.  I see a street ball player.  I see the occassional flashy play with floods of downside.
Even last year his short stretch of good was preceeded and followed by being absolutely brutal.
Phinisee is a freshman and will make mistakes.  I like seeing 0 turnovers in 28 minutes though.  Green would've had one turnover by tip-off.
That's cold man

Sent from my LG-K371 using BtownBanners mobile app

39 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

You talk about a straw man and then use one in the next post.  No one is arguing Patterson wasn't a good high school player but that's also not what anyone here cares about.  We only care about whether these kids end up being good in college.  Your logic regarding Patterson is basically that you saw him play a bunch of times in high school and thought he would be really good, he didn't turn out in college because of x, y, and z, so your assessment of his skills translating well to college basketball was still correct.  So basically the only way anyone could even argue with you is if they saw him in high school.

And honestly, would it kill you to say that your assessment of Gelon might have been slightly off?  You could still follow that up with you think its possible he could have succeeded in a niche role in Crean's system.  But at least it wouldn't seem so much like you view yourself as infallible.

Edit: I should say that if Phinisee continues to play at this level then  you deserve major kudos.  It seems to me most of the people who "were on the Phinisee bandwagon this whole time" joined it because of you.

I said it was a straw man both ways.  Be accurate.

16 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

To bad crean didn't teach our boys about the zone in the tunnel against Syracuse at halftime. Might have turned out better

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

Curse runs a zone exclusively.  If he "had not worked on that, literally".  He should've been fired immediately after the game for being that stupid.

1 minute ago, JSHoosier said:

Curse runs a zone exclusively.  If he "had not worked on that, literally".  He should've been fired immediately after the game for being that stupid.

Pretty sure he said going into halftime that they had a Plan A, B and C - Plan A didn’t work so they were going to B and C in the second half. I say - if you have 3 plans - you don’t have any plan at all.

2 minutes ago, Beachfront Property said:

Pretty sure he said going into halftime that they had a Plan A, B and C - Plan A didn’t work so they were going to B and C in the second half. I say - if you have 3 plans - you don’t have any plan at all.

That really doesn't make me feel better.  Maybe he should just say they hadn't worked on it lol.