Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs U of Southern Indiana (Exhibition) - Thurs., 11/1

Since I posted bad info in another thread, I figured I better get a game thread started with correct info.  Tipoff is Thursday night at 7:00 ET.

Live Stats

Indiana University begins its 119th season of competition in men's basketball.  IU and USI will meet in an exhibition game for the second time ever, with the Hoosiers taking an 83-68 win over the Screaming Eagles on October 26, 2013.  The game is being streamed live on BTN Plus and will be shown on the Big Ten Network, Friday, November 2 at 11 p.m.

SOUTHERN INDIANA at INDIANA
Exhibition Game
Thursday, Nov. 1 • 7:00 p.m.
Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall (17,222)
TV: BTN Plus (Josh Eastern, Luke Hallett, Mary Kate Hamilton)   
Radio: IU Radio Network (Don Fischer, Errek Suhr, Joe Smith)
Last Meeting: IU 83, USI 68, 10/26/13 (Exhibition Game)

THE COACHES
Indiana Coach Archie Miller begins his second season of guiding the Cream and Crimson.  Last year, the Hoosiers finished 16-15 and 9-9 in the Big Ten.  He is 155-78 in seven years as a head coach, which includes six years at the University of Dayton.  His Flyer teams made NCAA Tournament appearances in each of his last four seasons, including a trip to the Elite Eight in 2014.    USI Coach Rodney Watson is 203-65 (.757) overall during his eight years, including a 115-47 (.710) Great Lakes Valley Conference record.

NEWS & NOTES
The Hoosiers are 25-0 against non-Division I teams in exhibition play since 2004-05.  All of the games have been played in Bloomington.  Last year, IU beat Marian, 93-62 and UIndy, 74-53.  Thirteen of those victories have come against schools from Indiana.  IU is picked to finish third in the Big Ten, while USI was selected as the fourth best team in the GLVC. IU's recruiting class is ranked seventh in the country heading into the season. Senior forward Juwan Morgan and freshman guard Romeo Langford were selected to the 10-member Preseason All-Big Ten team..  Morgan also is on the Karl Malone Watch List which is awarded to the top power forward in the country, and Langford is on the Jerry West Watch List presented annually to college basketball's top shooting guard. Langford was named third-team Preseason All-American by ESPN.com and CBSSports.com and earned fourth-team honors from Watchstadium.com

He is a Spartan fan. I did the same thing my dad did. I told both of them they could root for anyone they wanted. I only had 2 rules. Once you decide, you must support that team when they were down as well as when they are good and it couldn't be Illinois. Dad didn't have the second rule. Lol

I was 9 when I became a Hoosier fan for life. It happened because we could only get Terre Haute stations and IU had Buckner, May, Benson and company. Both of my boys became interested and following basketball when Mateen Cleaves played and they won the Championship.

Wait.....what?!? 

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

52 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

He is a Spartan fan. I did the same thing my dad did. I told both of them they could root for anyone they wanted. I only had 2 rules. Once you decide, you must support that team when they were down as well as when they are good and it couldn't be Illinois. Dad didn't have the second rule. Lol

I was 9 when I became a Hoosier fan for life. It happened because we could only get Terre Haute stations and IU had Buckner, May, Benson and company. Both of my boys became interested and following basketball when Mateen Cleaves played and they won the Championship.

Have you thought about adoption? Maybe you can get it right this time :-)

You are way more accommodating as a parent than I am. My kid starts cheering for another B1G team I'd punch him in the face. Just kidding.....it would probably be a gut punch.  :120:
I just don't believe in forcing the kids to think the way I do. Lol. I'm just glad it wasn't Illinois.

Scotty May and those guys...what a great team!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'll be there tomorrow! Looking forward to it! I am starved for basketball season. Really interested to see the lineup and rotation tomorrow. My guess with Devonte and Race out:

Rob

Romeo

Zach

Justin

Juwan

Al, Fitzner, Jerome, De'Ron, and Damezi off the bench in that order.