Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

johnsoniu

Indiana vs Penn St Game Thread

Doesn’t matter what recruits we get, they’re still going to be coached by this staff. Losing football will continue to be losing football.

IU football is like Sisyphus. We keep pushing that boulder up the hill and when we get near the top, the boulder just rolls back down. And we start all over. 

We keep trying and trying and trying to beat Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State, but we just cannot do it. I'm starting to believe it will never happen again. 

Other than some young talent coming in I'm starting to fall off the Allen train already, and I'm usually one of the more optimistic IUFB fans. Defense hasn't improved, special teams is awful, and our offense is anemic, even with some good talent at RB and a veteran line. 

We need a Dana Holgrenson type, someone just good enough who can put up points and give us an actual identity. Allen feels like a long-term interim coach right now. Better than Lynch, but not likely to take the program to the next level. I was big on him at first because of his track record of improving defenses, something IU should hold onto for dear life, but he's lacking the intangibles to be the face of a P5 program. Just doesn't seem like he has it.

If he doesn't make some serious strides next year with Penix, Scott, and Walker at his disposal, then he needs to go. This is not a 5 year rebuild situation. He inherited some talent from Wilson.

Thank God the Pacers start in 10 minutes, I can't believe I came home from work and put myself through this again

Luckily I missed the 2nd half on my way to the Pacers game. Time for some Dipo and to forget about the miserableness of being an IU football fan. IMG_8446.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

14 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Why are we like this guys? Why does it have to be this way

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Easy one. We hired a Head Coach who wouldn’t get a sniff at any other Power Conference job in the country. That Head Coach then hires a mediocre staff. That Head Coach then recruits at exactly the level one would expect. Stir and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Presto, you have your very own crappy program!

1 minute ago, jbell833 said:

Luckily I missed the 2nd half on my way to the Pacers game. Time for some Dipo and to forget about the miserableness of being an IU football fan. IMG_8446.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I can't get over how much Alize looks like Jimmy Butler

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Easy one. We hired a Head Coach who wouldn’t get a sniff at any other Power Conference job in the country. That Head Coach then hires a mediocre staff. That Head Coach then recruits at exactly the level one would expect. Stir and bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Presto, you have your very own crappy program!

The program is pulling in $50 million a year in tv revenue. Open the checkbook and get Charlie Strong.

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

To be fair, we've seen the same product regardless of staff.  It's like the program is cursed.

I was at the game for only the first half and I like Penix over Ramsey but why CTA was going for it twice on 4th down was stupid could've gotten 3 points instead of throwing it away. Tough break for Penix he has potential and can throw down field.

7 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

The program is pulling in $50 million a year in tv revenue. Open the checkbook and get Charlie Strong.

I’m with you on Charley Strong. I think he would have been fine long-term at Texas if their alumni base wasn’t, ya know, completely insane. I’d take him here in a second.